Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Could Tesla change the CANBUS signaling from FW to FW?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
I'm running into an issue where my lightbar has stopped working and I'm wondering if it could be a change to Tesla's CANBUS signaling? Have they ever done that in the past? Change how things are signaled over the CANBUS?

Thanks!

MODS Please delete. I have resolved my issue

I am not a mod for this subforum, so couldnt do this anyway, but will point out that simply typing "MODS Please delete" makes an assumption that a mod for a specific subforum will see every single thread / post created in it, which is not necessarily the case.

If you are requesting this, you should click the "report" icon on the bottom left of your post, and in the report, ask for what you want (in this case a request to delete) along with anything you think might validate your request. That will make it appear in a special queue that the mods who have access to take action for a specific subforum will see, and they can make a decision on whether they will do so or not.

Funny. This thread has an unusually high ratio of moderators (none of whom have rights in his forum) to non-moderators. Anyway, Tesla can and does occasionally change their implementation of the CANBus protocol. That’s why many of the internal components have to match in order for an update to be successful. And why sometimes if you buy used components (with different firmware) you have to do a service firmware redeploy.

• Helpful
Reactions: SeminoleFSU
I am not a mod for this subforum, so couldnt do this anyway, but will point out that simply typing "MODS Please delete" makes an assumption that a mod for a specific subforum will see every single thread / post created in it, which is not necessarily the case.

If you are requesting this, you should click the "report" icon on the bottom left of your post, and in the report, ask for what you want (in this case a request to delete) along with anything you think might validate your request. That will make it appear in a special queue that the mods who have access to take action for a specific subforum will see, and they can make a decision on whether they will do so or not.
Didn't know about that feature. Thanks. I didn't expect MODS to actively monitor but if they ran across the thread (which they obviously did) they can delete it. 👍

Funny. This thread has an unusually high ratio of moderators (none of whom have rights in his forum) to non-moderators. Anyway, Tesla can and does occasionally change their implementation of the CANBus protocol. That’s why many of the internal components have to match in order for an update to be successful. And why sometimes if you buy used components (with different firmware) you have to do a service firmware redeploy.
Good to know. Thanks 👍