Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clicking noise from front speaker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m waiting in my car, with the audio on Bluetooth and nothing set to play, and I hear a clicking noise coming from the speaker.

I start my podcast and the clicking noise continues. I switch over to my Tesla streaming app and there is a periodic clicking noise.

I reboot, and there’s still a clicking noise.

Before I notify Tesla service, any ideas what this might be?

Mariano

I’m waiting in my car, with the audio on Bluetooth and nothing set to play, and I hear a clicking noise coming from the speaker.

I start my podcast and the clicking noise continues. I switch over to my Tesla streaming app and there is a periodic clicking noise.

Mariano
I have the same problem. Only clicks with Streaming and moving from song to song. Doesn't click with apple music. He said to click the right button and say report bug which will document the frequency of the clicking noise to Tesla.

Upvote 0

Mariano
I don't currently have this problem in my 2018 M3. But it did happen a couple of times last spring.
I heard the clicking while on a several hour trip. Eventually the clicking stopped, but so did all audio, including turn signal beeps. Everything.
Then the touch screen stopped working. Then the screen went black. I pulled off the Interstate and did a reboot and everything was fine. Happened again a month or so later, then never again. A classic sign of some kind of software memory leak that mostly gets fixed when you park.

Upvote 0