Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California / PG&E Permanent Battery Storage Rebate - $5,000 incentive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW, the link that Tesla sent out is no longer working. Comes up 404 on PG&Es server:

What is the risk of not getting the rebate? Does PG&E pre-quality you and guarantee the rebate provided you install within the required amount of time, or could funds run out at any time leaving you holding the bag for the full cost?

I went ahead and placed a powerwall order. Cancellable $100 deposit. Just need PG&E's site to come back up so I can fill out the application.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take this with a grain of salt, but I just got off the phone with PG&E and they told me that Permanent Battery Storage Rebate program is no longer available for application. If you already got your confirmation, you're good to go, but it appears they've already run out of funds.

It didn't say it in the Power Saver Rewards Program, but can PG&E use your battery to support their grid during certain times (like Hawaii)? It says you have to sign up for Power Saver Rewards. The link worked for me and this blurb has the same $2/kWh benefit of VPP export, but that could be how it's always been. It's also likely that they didn't update the FAQ based on subsidized batteries.

"
You’ll receive a yearly bill credit of $2 per kilowatt hour (kWh) of energy that you reduce during Power Saver Rewards events.
"

The page is back up but it says my address in Merced does not qualify. And looking at their map, there isn't an address anywhere in or near Merced that qualifies :(

Capture3.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture.JPG

Last edited:
The page is back up but it says my address in Merced does not qualify. And looking at their map, there isn't an address anywhere in or near Merced that qualifies :(

View attachment 989535View attachment 989536View attachment 989537
Your power is not dependent on power lines and other aging infrastructure that fails a lot and needs PG&E to spend 2 hours to check the lines when there is a failure. Notice how much of the Bay Area and Sierras have such issues. Places 1 mile from me do, and I do not qualify.

Reactions: lensovet
That was my assumption - filling out the interest form would result in some sort of confirmation / reservation code.

Assuming they get back to me in 5 business days like they say they will, I’ll know by the end of the week.

Does seem to be a fairly limited eligibility pool. I shared with a neighbor about a mile away (who is apparently on a different power feeder) and they don’t qualify while my address does. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Where is this interest form?

It’s not for me but rather for friends who are in the affected areas. The mapping tool is confusing though, it shows zero events in 2021 and 2022 but 2 events during “all time”, which supposedly simply sums the two years but clearly does something else instead.