Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm more strategic than operational. Ahem.

Yes. That'll do.
In all seriousness, my LR 24/01 is about 51 days away from the last VIN allocation date for LRs we have so far (4/12), so I'm a fair way off.
I'd love to see more movement but I dont think I'll get a VIN soon, maybe next week or the week after if things go well?
Lots of people in queue before me that have been waiting longer.

Reactions: Hoopyfrood
If anyone in this forum had placed an order for a M3 back before model y was available, and then placed an order for a model y when it became available . Can you please cancel you M3 order if you dont need the car, as you ordered a model y so you can reduce the waiting time for us M3 orders.
@Dany, planning to do just that once I've decided between the cars (haven't physically seen the Y yet, as they've not arrived in Perth yet...)

Reactions: Dany
Thanks to all who provided assurance and advice re accessing the source code page. Have now cracked it (and have more knowledge about mice/mouses).
The configuration of the source page is different to last view. Instead of vin:" false", it is now vin: " "Maybe that is a sign of hope, or maybe I am just jaundiced and desperate? In any case, it has been ,and still, is a character-building exercise.

Reactions: Ormaus
Thanks to all who provided assurance and advice re accessing the source code page. Have now cracked it (and have more knowledge about mice/mouses).
The configuration of the source page is different to last view. Instead of vin:" false", it is now vin: " "Maybe that is a sign of hope, or maybe I am just jaundiced and desperate? In any case, it has been ,and still, is a character-building exercise.
I saw the same in my source code and thought I must have imagined/misremembered it. Interesting...

Reactions: dogstarlady
Next step for you will be a change in the Tesla mobile app asking you to accept changed range (602km) and Tesla Vision. After hitting accept the VIN should be somewhere in your webpage (which you now know how to recover).

When that is who knows 😶

But you're 10/12 - 8/12 so 2 order days away from a VIN in the LR list. So soon™!

• Helpful
Reactions: dogstarlady

I saw the same in my source code and thought I must have imagined/misremembered it. Interesting...
I have vin: " " in my source code too, as well as orderStatus "BOOKED"
Not sure what (if anything) it means though, as my order was only placed in April

Would be great if someone could fill in the blanks!! 😊

Reactions: penn_
I was locked in at 2.99% with Macquarie but my loan approval period expires in August for the second time and apparently it'll then be fixed at the current advertised rate (4.99% but it's looking like that may go up further). I've increased my mortgage by the cost of the car so I can use that if the rate is better when it finally comes time to pay.
I was in the same boat so I took a punt, cancelled a couple weeks ago, re-applied at 3.99% and that's valid for 3+3months.
In practical terms though it's a couple grand difference if you're talking a performance, less for a LR/RWD. You're still probably saving $$ by locking in the price prior to those consecutive increases. (Yes I know this is only really trying to make us feel better haha)

And another Canberran. There are dozens of us, dozens! :D

Any Canberran suggestions for local places to sell my old vehicle. Lot of KM's, but runs fine. Tesla's quote was so low that I knocked them back. Hoping to avoid full private sale, that's never a fun time.
I was thinking to use Carsales website. You are right tho' -it is always an ugly experience selling a car.

Any Canberran suggestions for local places to sell my old vehicle. Lot of KM's, but runs fine. Tesla's quote was so low that I knocked them back. Hoping to avoid full private sale, that's never a fun time.
Here in Adelaide car yards are desperate for any cars and the lots are empty. Maybe try driving to a couple and see what they offer? It might be really low, or it could be reasonable. I'll probably offload my crappy well worn Mazda 3 that way.

Reactions: penn_

Morning Clara not even expected to arrive into Shanghai until the 10/7. That leaves a lot of time to churn out some M3's in the next few days to get them to Port ready to load on, interested to see what happens here...

Reactions: penn_ and Ormaus

Yeah, I'm trying to sell mine too. I have it on Carsales, and have had a couple of bites, but nothing solid yet. My fallback plan is to accept either the lease co or Tesla's trade in price.

Reactions: penn_ and Ib38