Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All discussion of Lucid Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5k inventory cars is way too much but don't know the right number. Where are we getting the 5k number?
From their quarterly reports:

1699401418384.png

(And I didn't include the ~700 vehicles that were shipped to Saudia Arabia partially assembled, since they hadn't actually completed production yet.)

We may see a drop in inventory in Q4 as shipped cars finally get delivered, but I think they have used that "excuse" for three quarters now.

• Informative
Reactions: Doggydogworld
Review of a mockup (prototype) of a Lucid Gravity. With all the articles I thought this thing was in production. Changeable color internal lights work, but can it drive?
If articles written correlated with vehicles produced there would be 1M Cybertrucks on the road by now.

The show vehicles may not move. They may be just showcar mules but there are drivable test mules. The Thunderhouse video I posted above the guys drive one around Los Angeles.

Review of a mockup (prototype) of a Lucid Gravity. With all the articles I thought this thing was in production. Changeable color internal lights work, but can it drive?
When you have YouTubes using the phrase Gravity Launched! When it was simply announced, I don’t blame you for thinking this.

It won’t roll off any production line for another year (probably more) if they don’t go bankrupt first.

If it’s all new compared to Air, it needs all new money behind it. Figure at least $1-2 Billion. Just for the tooling and plant.

"The Gravity boasts 440 miles of estimated range and a starting price of $80,000. But can the struggling automaker compete in the red-hot luxury SUV market?"

Too bad this wasn't their first vehicle back in 2021, instead of the Air. The high-end EV sedan market is relatively small and was already saturated when they came out with the Air. The high-end EV SUV market is potentially much bigger, but BMW and Mercedes are already there for anyone who doesn't want a MX.

Wonder if they will look at moving the charging port position for the production model? The current position will make for some odd parking at V3 superchargers, unless they have a long adapter cable.

Reactions: SO16
Wonder if they will look at moving the charging port position for the production model? The current position will make for some odd parking at V3 superchargers, unless they have a long adapter cable.
It doesn't seem like the industry is switching to Tesla port location as it switches to NACS.

It seems that when Tesla begins replacing worn out V3 cables they will be replaced by longer cables to accommodate all non-Tesla cars.

Reactions: Samurai51
It doesn't seem like the industry is switching to Tesla port location as it switches to NACS.
Based on what? Have the OEMs released the designs of their 2025 models already?

It seems that when Tesla begins replacing worn out V3 cables they will be replaced by longer cables to accommodate all non-Tesla cars.
Based on what? Tesla is already replacing worn V3 cables, probably almost every day, and they aren't any longer. Even when they put new cables in as part of a MagicDock install they aren't any longer. (Longer cables really won't work with the V3 post design, as they wouldn't want them dragging on the ground when docked.)

The only longer ones we have seen are on the V4 posts.

Reactions: CyberShy and mongo