Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Abstract Ocean - Cease & Desist From Tesla - Litigation Sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Billbrown1982

TM3 LR 2021 | Red | FSD
Dec 21, 2020
Basildon
Moderator comment - thread merged "Abstract Ocean Litigation Liquidation Sale" and "Abstract Ocean - Cease & Desist From Tesla - Litigation Sale"

Just received an email from AO. Unfortunately Tesla have finally dropped the Ban Hammer on them and they are no longer allowed to sell anything that Tesla feels infringes on their product.

This seems to be mainly stuff that has the Tesla logo on it, like puddle lights etc. God I hope mine don't go wrong in the future.

Sad news but not completely unexpected.

More info and the stuff on sale below:

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately it seems that Tesla have taken issue with Abstract Ocean (AO) selling after market accessories with the Tesla emblem/badge ensembles:

Let's help AO to clear their remaining stock, as they're not allowed to sell it after 26 March, and at the same time get a great deal:

They're an honest seller, have tried to work with Tesla to license their logo but have now received a cease and desist letter.

Last edited:
Reactions: El joe
Unfortunately it seems that Tesla have taken issue with Abstract Ocean (AO) selling after market accessories with the Tesla emblem/badge ensembles:

Let's help AO to clear their remaining stock, as they're not allowed to sell it after 26 March, and at the same time get a great deal:

They're an honest seller, have tried to work with Tesla to license their logo but have now received a cease and desist letter.
Thanks for passing this along -- just a head's up, it looks like the link cookied your email address in to the newsletter subscription form -- pasted below but edited out the middle part of your domain:

Last edited:
If you don’t protect your IP vigorously you will loose your right to protect your IP...

I think the lawyer that contact Tesla wanted to end it so they weren’t interested in liscensing.

Abstract Ocean should be doing a twitter campaign getting its peeps to tweet Elon about a liscensing deal. Tweeting Elon seems to work at lest some of the time....

In my experience AO give outstanding customer service - on one of my prior purchases Christal even went to the trouble to photograph products so I could compare colour match before ordering.

As soon as I received their email on the 20th I ordered a couple of things for a future Model Y.

I was just on RPMTesla... they must have gotten the same letter from Tesla... they are dumping "T" logo merch that must go by March 26th as well.

Shame, as others have said... you can still get the same stuff on aliexpress, etc... and there's nothing "T" can do about that.

I'm glad I ordered the "T" puddle lights and "T" decal covers from AO last month, great company to deal with. I haven't had a problem with RPM either, sometimes you just need to get mark involved.