Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Model S Signature Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious whether other Signature owners besides Optical8 have recently had the battery fuse replacement? I am guessing we are all due for the service by now. It seems that the pricing of the estimates issued by Tesla is all over the map, for both the cost of the fuse and the associated labor. The estimate for my car is $1,027 or 58% higher than for Optical8 AND no coolant fix/replacement as referenced above. Moreover, this difference cannot be attributed to labor cost. If there are examples of others recently getting the fuse replacement, I would appreciate your posting about it.
About to do it on my new-to-me 2012 signature for 1300 with proactively adding the seal for the rapid mate and coolant for the rapid mate(tesla quotes me 950 without the preventative maintenance). On a separate note, does anyone know if the signatures can be upgraded via software to a performance 85, or is this impossible without changing the motor?

About to do it on my new-to-me 2012 signature for 1300 with proactively adding the seal for the rapid mate and coolant for the rapid mate(tesla quotes me 950 without the preventative maintenance). On a separate note, does anyone know if the signatures can be upgraded via software to a performance 85, or is this impossible without changing the motor?
Some signatures were P85. FYI

Your OG 2018 RWD probably is less than 5sec 0-60. It should be a tad faster than a stock 85 from 2012... But neither of these are "brutal" - for that you need to get into a performance version of any of these vehicles