Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD just updated: May 18th - June 1st —> May 21st - June 4th. No VIN. White/Black, 4/25 order, San Diego.
That is very encouraging on a number of levels.
- Black interior VIN!!! - EDIT: Sorry folks, I read what I wanted to see and I apologize. Never post and poo people, it’s not safe.
- Order date not on 4/23
- West Coast delivery
- That’s what I ordered (on 4/27) and I’m also on the West Coast and I want!!!

Keep us apprised of how it goes down the next few weeks!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Sandee3 and JezzaE
- Black interior VIN!!!
- Order date not on 4/23
- West Coast delivery

My red/black order from launch day still says 5/22-6/19. Portland OR area. Hoping to get a narrower window or a VIN this week.

Have you given your thoughts on your demo drive? I’d be very happy to hear your opinion!
I haven’t but briefly.

Seats are FANTASTIC! I’m 5’11 190lbs and weightlift every day so my back is pretty wide, I was extremely comfortable in them. Supportive while not being too firm. The thigh bolstering was great! The SA that I was talking too was about 6’ 5 or so. His back may have been wider than mine and he loves the seats as well. I asked if he sat in the plaid seats and he said he has but those actually are aggressive enough with the side bolstering that the push his arms forward if that makes sense. I’ve experienced similar feelings with 1 piece bucket seats.
The NVH was extremely comparable to my MS refresh. Maybe a little more noise let in but I’d honestly say a negligible amount. The interior fit and finish felt great no weird squeaks or rattles or anything (although it only had 9 or so miles when I drove it)
Exterior panel fitment seems spot on, the emergency shifting buttons on my S are down just below the wireless chargers, on this (not sure if it’s the same on the highland as well) they have moved them up to the rear view mirror.
I personally still prefer having my front dash screen but that’s a personal preference. The steering wheel is nice and chunky which I LOVE. It’s not a large wheel but I love having something firm to grip (that’s what she said)
Really my ONLY gripe was the steering wheel turn signs, let me preface this by saying I actually like my haptic steering wheel turn signs on my S. On the M3P they actually click and for some reason the click seemed less consistent than the haptic on my S. However the door release on the M3P is also a click and I MUCH prefer THAT particular button click vs the haptic on my S.
Braking wise I didn’t do any hard breaking to really test them, I was trying not to make my passenger motion sick.
I set the steering to its tightest setting and the car cut in nicely and was reactive to small adjustments with no dead spot that I noticed on center. Acceleration from 0-60 felt amazing. I’ll have to noticeably look at my MS from 0-60 now and compare(my MS after the test was at 40% SOC) but it felt a tiny bit faster 0-60, the 60+ felt good but I did not feel as much oomph as my S which was to be expected given the HP difference.

- Black interior VIN!!!
- Order date not on 4/23
- West Coast delivery

Where did he mention he got a VIN?

I ordered day of with the same config and I’m in San Diego, no VIN. Same EDD

• Helpful
Reactions: TheHeez
With a fully optimized battery I predict that the new US Model 3 Performance will look similar to this. However, it is hard to predict the final trap speed since we haven’t seen any 95+ mph data yet.

Make sure 18s fit before you buy them. You might find they don’t help much with acceleration because the stock wheels weigh less than the UberHeavy wheels and the new car is traction limited to 40 mph.

View attachment 1048581
My lord that would be great, especially if a “boost” actually happens. 10.8s was my bare minimum hopes, 10.60s were my limits as I would be tickled to have a mid 10s daily commuter. I do have to see what the warp wheels weigh bare each before I commit to an aftermarket wheel. If it’s not shaving 10lbs on each corner I won’t bite. Thanks for the best guess information.

Reactions: P-Lo801
Yall see this yet

Attachments

• IMG_8562.jpeg
    IMG_8562.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 4
This was already confirmed as a fake.

I have no idea what people get out of doing stuff like that (faking stuff like that). This isnt much different than the person who created a secondary account here to post " I got a vin!!" without having one, just to try to fake people out. They are not the same person, but the action (trolling, basically) is the same, at least to me.