Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Using FSD not possible to stay 10mph over posted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I must be missing some details in proper use. I used to always use cruise and it was always possible to stay 10mph exactly over posted limit. Now when i want to enjoy FSD i am not figuring out how to adjust its cruise.. or ideally how to have it always be at 10mph over.

When in FSD how do you adjust the speed up or down?

I must be missing some details in proper use. I used to always use cruise and it was always possible to stay 10mph exactly over posted limit. Now when i want to enjoy FSD i am not figuring out how to adjust its cruise.. or ideally how to have it always be at 10mph over.

When in FSD how do you adjust the speed up or down?
In settings::autopilot, you have to turn off "Auto speed." After you do that, the right scroll wheel works just as before.

Ok.. i must be dumber than a box of rocks....

I can get autopilot to auto do 10 over .. and if i use the stalk to raise the top end limit it doesn't race up and hold the desired set speed.

I want to be at 10 mph over posted limit all the time.

Thanks in advance for advice on what i am missing.

t124_172919094.jpg

t3937328.jpg

As far as I can tell, they removed the ability to set an absolute (fixed) speed offset even from models that previously had the ability when they released SFSD. Put another way, if you tun on "Automatic Speed Offset" on the screen you showed, it will only let you use percentage. I believe the fixed option was only available in (some?) legacy models to begin with, while newer models only had the relative (percentage) option. If you want to use the Fixed option, I believe you'd have to switch back to Autosteer to do what you want to do. I have no idea if this change was intentional or if they intend to revert it in the future.

The setting is called max because TACC will track a leading vehicle's speed, but this carries over to SFSD doing what is "safe" or "comfortable" so if it's not slowly accelerating to a higher set speed, then the setting I described won't change the behavior even if it does come back to life. Separately, with regard to decelerating to a set max speed, unfortunately, instead of relying on regen or at least using regen a little bit to emulate the deceleration curve of most vehicles, Tesla seems to have done a poor job imitating coasting to such an extent that they are the only vehicles that decelerate slower than GMs when you lower the max.