Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because there are so many better places available. Most of the filling stations near me have expensive convenience stores and expensive take away coffee shops - at best - and nothing else nearby. Not the sort of place I would want to spend 20-40 minutes.

The others filling stations are at supermarkets, I'm sure supermarket car parks will be big players in the charging game soon. The 'cling on to refuelling' stations will lose out as they will be expensive/greedy and the supermarkets will look at loss leading or break even at least - like they did with petrol.
I agree - but if there are plenty of stations around you and not so around, but you will know that any petrol station you arrive has a charger - so why is that wrong?

I think you are a bit deluded here, as no one is clinging on the petrol station.. it is just a stop to re-charge when needed. maybe just for 5 minutes. I see no problem to plug my car, get iin, get a snack o coffee on my route.

It is just another option - it is GOOD to have options.

I agree - but if there are plenty of stations around you and not so around, but you will know that any petrol station you arrive has a charger - so why is that wrong?

I think you are a bit deluded here, as no one is clinging on the petrol station.. it is just a stop to re-charge when needed. maybe just for 5 minutes. I see no problem to plug my car, get iin, get a snack o coffee on my route.

It is just another option - it is GOOD to have options.
Agreed, they exist, have the land, space for cars, roof for when it’s raining, shops for coffee and snacks, etc. Most are a bit smaller in space but basically it’s the same model as Gridserve’s Electric Forecourts and I think those are great.

I also think by the time most of these change into EV charging, cars will be charging quite a bit quicker than they do now. Maybe headline figures won’t be massively higher but they’ll sustain higher charge speeds for longer which again will help. Maybe that 20 - 30 minute average charge might be down sub 10 minutes for instance or less. After all they only stop selling ICE cars in 2035, still be tons of them on the road so we are talking 20+ years into the future when they might start changing some of these over en mass.

Anyone have any news on the Bridport Supercharger? it did state completion Q1 2024, but now states completion 2024. No idea where that is going to be. I also see there is meant to be one coming in 2024 to Bournemouth, again no idea where that will be. Maybe at the Tesla Showroom/SC? Apologies i dont have facebook so cannot check the usual Tesla owner groups on that platform.

Anyone have any news on the Bridport Supercharger? it did state completion Q1 2024, but now states completion 2024. No idea where that is going to be. I also see there is meant to be one coming in 2024 to Bournemouth, again no idea where that will be. Maybe at the Tesla Showroom/SC? Apologies i dont have facebook so cannot check the usual Tesla owner groups on that platform.
It was supposed to be at the SC but they only installed wall chargers there. I’m not sure what the current situation is.

It was supposed to be at the SC but they only installed wall chargers there. I’m not sure what the current situation is.
the addition of the bournemouth Supercharger was only added to the Tesla charge network map quite recently a Bridport was going to be the first in Dorset. We lack quite a lot here in dorset, no Motorways, not many areas with decent broadband, 4G/5G is awful unless your in one of the larger towns. Always neglected here yet one of the most expensive places to live outside of London!
1715936153050.png

Bournemouth is likely the Tesla showroom: @jordan2907 reported the road being dug up for an upgraded power connection at the end of March. According to the SpeakEV "First Tesla v4 Superchargers in UK" thread, 4 charger stalls and a power cabinet are on site but I haven't come across any photo evidence yet.

Bournemouth is likely the Tesla showroom: @jordan2907 reported the road being dug up for an upgraded power connection at the end of March. According to the SpeakEV "First Tesla v4 Superchargers in UK" thread, 4 charger stalls and a power cabinet are on site but I haven't come across any photo evidence yet.
I should add that Ferndown golf club is also reportedly getting a supercharger, again I haven't come across any physical evidence of an install there either (also referenced in @jordan2907 's post).

I'll be heading to the showroom soon for a service appointment AGAIN, so i will check when im there and report back.