Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tighten your lug nuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wasn’t there another member who found loose lug nuts before also? I made a point to check them a couple weeks after getting my car, and they were all torqued correctly in my case.

I don’t recall reading any other posts with lose lugs, but I’m not certain.
There were some that got freaked out, because they were at 65 pounds though.

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev and logan
I don’t recall reading any other posts with lose lugs, but I’m not certain.
There were some that got freaked out, because they were at 65 pounds though.
Sorry in advance for the ignorant questions, but are lug nuts the hexagonal bolts around the circular Tesla emblem in the middle of the wheel? I just had my tires rotated, and today I was cleaning the wheels and noticed one of the those bolts was up higher than the others. I touched it with my finger and pushed it in, but it still feels loose. Should I go back to the place that rotated the tires to have everything tightened? I'm getting ready to go on a road trip and don't want the wheel to fall off! Scary!

Sorry in advance for the ignorant questions, but are lug nuts the hexagonal bolts around the circular Tesla emblem in the middle of the wheel? I just had my tires rotated, and today I was cleaning the wheels and noticed one of the those bolts was up higher than the others. I touched it with my finger and pushed it in, but it still feels loose. Should I go back to the place that rotated the tires to have everything tightened? I'm getting ready to go on a road trip and don't want the wheel to fall off! Scary!
Sounds like you’re describing the plastic lug nut covers.
Just push it in. Those pose no risk. Other than losing one if it falls off. They rarely fall off once pushed in.

Reactions: Tezzie and brkaus
This not a Tesla problem, this is a car problem. I know of several people that have lost wheels after service(not teslas). I always double check mine after they have been removed with a calibrated wrench, even I watch someone else do it. I also nut and bolt my car before track days. To me it's part of basic maintenance.

This not a Tesla problem, this is a car problem. I know of several people that have lost wheels after service(not teslas). I always double check mine after they have been removed with a calibrated wrench, even I watch someone else do it. I also nut and bolt my car before track days. To me it's part of basic maintenance.
This is a lug nut cover problem. Not a lug nut problem. He describes pushing the nut in. Can’t do that with a nut. They turn. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Sweed269