Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those that have gone from a Model X to Cybertruck, are you happy with the switch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like the CyberTruck was launched with an initial suite of software, plus the capability of having it updated over time.

Imagine that additional features and functionality will be added OTA as it becomes approved and available.

Example is that my 2017 Model X came with it's initial software. Over the following months the automatic headlights & windshield wipers were added and downloaded. Later range and performance upgrades were downloaded free as well.

Typically, as Tesla gets additional data and time, they add functionality.
Homelink is hardware, though. Either it's installed or it isn't.

Hey all. I currently have a 2019 X Performance (Raven) that I plan to trade in for a Cyber Beast whenever it arrives in "Late 2024".

Here are some things I love about the X: Self presenting driver door, USS (I believe current models don't have these anymore?), pressing the brake to close the driver door, the instrument cluster, built in home link to open garage doors, and geo fencing for auto folding/unfolding mirrors.

So I guess I'm asking if you've switched from a Model X to a CT, are you glad you switched or is missing these features giving you any regret?

Thanks!

I have a 2018 X and have very similar thoughts about switching to the Cybertruck in the future. I love the CT, but am really not keen on losing those features from the X (self presenting doors, falcon wing doors, instrument cluster and my favourite, the windshield), though the CT does have a bit of a similar thing going on with the windshield almost going overhead.

I had a 2019 X (Raven) and have a 2021 S Plaid and am waiting on a Cybertruck. I'd say the X is a great, well-featured, minivan and fantastic at minivan things like carting around kids and their stuff. The Palladium S is a fantastic grand touring sedan with amazing trunk space and super-fast charging when needed. The Cybertruck seeems better built than both of those vehicles, and is a pickup truck.

Sure you can use a Cybertruck as a minivan, but it won't excel at minivan things.
You can also use the Cybertruck as a grand touring sedan, but it won't excel at sedan things like driving around cities/tight streets and fitting into narrow or short parking spaces.

I like having an instrument cluster as a driver. I like having a rearview mirror as a driver. I do miss the auto-closing doors and falcon wings of the X, but not that much (maybe it's because I moved to a Plaid which has its own set of favorable attributes). The S is much easier to park and much, much quicker (my X was a Performance Ludicrous). It also charges much faster.

Ultimately, it comes down to what's important to you. If it's the creature comforts then a newer/new X may be your best bet as they are priced quite attractively today IMHO. The new X is a big upgrade from a Raven and even bigger set of updates from the pre-Ravens. Maybe the best answer to a new Cybertruck isn't a Cybertruck at all - it's a new X?