Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to preface my remarks that for what it's worth, I voted yes. But if the nos have it and Elon leaves, I won't cry. It was one thing when he was advocating for electric vehicles and Mars, but after COVID hit, his true libertarian side began to show. I don't blame him for being anti-government. Most corporate leaders are also. But his use of X as a personal hype machine overemphasizes his views on a multitude of hot button topics. My guess is that the next Tesla CEO will be more like other CEOs. The most visible of the lot are people like Buffett and Dimon and they rarely pontificate at the levels that Elon Musk does. What Tesla needs is a quiet, sensible leader, not a loose cannon.
I think a substantial people will sell Tesla(institutional) if Elon is no longer the CEO. His hammer and social clout among world leaders are his primary attribute no other CEO in the world can match. There's a reason why he can accomplish(while being cash flow positive) better and faster than anyone else on the planet. Frankly I don't care about his political views and if it matches with mine or not. I only care about results and Elon continues to deliver. The guy is about to freaken solve generalized autonomy. Besides all the fake 2nd place companies in China that uses old Tesla tech or just their car go straight disregarding traffic, I don't see a lot of second places.

Wouldnt shifting more Model Y production free up more resources to Model 3 Highland Production at Fremont? Also isnt GigaTexas supposed to be more efficient modern facility?
USA made battery’s are the the limiting factor for the performance.
In effect because 4680 hasn’t worked out as anticipated and due to the tax credit rules tesla is at a short term strategic disadvantage.

/rant on
I think the only votes that should count are for those shares that have been held since the original vote. Those of us who watched our $20 shares go up to what it is today are the only ones who could hypothetically have a beef with Elon's compensation package.
Anyone who bought the stock later bought it knowing what the compensation plan was and either counted on him making the numbers (and knew it would be profitable to ride the stock up), or saw that he'd made those milestones and the compensation was a fait accompli.
/rant off

Sorry if this is off-topic, but this vote makes no sense to me.

You think people who bought into TSLA in the past few years shouldn't be allowed a vote on matters related to TSLA? This is hilariously delusional.

A more fair deal should be that only shareholders who watched their shares go up from $20 should be diluted to give shares to Musk. Since many former shareholders have sold off, that means a higher than 10% dilution for those that stayed.

Are you volunteering?

You think people who bought into TSLA in the past few years shouldn't be allowed a vote on matters related to TSLA? This is hilariously delusional.

A more fair deal should be that only shareholders who watched their shares go up from $20 should be diluted to give shares to Musk. Since many former shareholders have sold off, that means a higher than 10% dilution for those that stayed.

Are you volunteering?

That is the thing about being delusional. There is more than one way to do it.

Thanks for offering your delusion to the collection. Though, it wasn't particularly hilarious.

So, based upon your own criteria, the other one wins on points. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: CatB and Unpilot
He was dumping meta shares at the same time as that too lost 60% of its value during the same time period.

It's hard to take this board seriously anymore with this sort of cognitive dissonance.

Meta tanked hard because they were tanking profits with massive costs spent on "out there" projects like Oculous, AR / VR stuff.

Luckly their CEO was paying attention, took immediate action with layoffs, and now the stock is near ATH.

When Tesla's stock was tanking, there was no atrocious earnings. Only a CEO distracted by external events who haphazardly dumped his shares in massive volumes on the public market.

Unfortunately for the CEO, the Delaware court has screwed up everything. We can't go back in time and ask investors who were existing in 2018 to vote today.

Sentiment, and investors have changed.

Here's a video from the Electric Viking who says CATL has a new very high power density cell. Tesla is set to partner with CATL. Does this board have insight into whether these numbers are real and if Tesla will benefit from the tech? We seem to have never gotten the full benefit of the Battery day presentation. Where does this leave us?
Even if the claims are 50% true this is very impressive.
It will mean all non China battery manufacturers are going to be trouble.

Reactions: petit_bateau
Here's a video from the Electric Viking who says CATL has a new very high power density cell. Tesla is set to partner with CATL. Does this board have insight into whether these numbers are real and if Tesla will benefit from the tech? We seem to have never gotten the full benefit of the Battery day presentation. Where does this leave us?

There is an CATL Official site on YouTube, I think that is where Viking is getting most of his information.

Many of the videos are in Chinese with English subtitles.

I am waiting for someone like Limiting Factor to do a deep dive and put some of the CATL claims in context.

I think Jordan is probably swamped with too much information and to much work at present, so we need to be patient.

My opinion is the Tesla should hedge it's bets, keep working on 4680, but also keep taking the best cells they can get from suppliers.

Now it's the shareholders fault for not granting him 25%, so he moves AI away from Tesla.
I agree that shareholders should honour the original deal, and that Tesla is far better off with Elon fully engaged.

But Elon has no control over assets and AI IP owned and developed by Tesla.

If he tries to stop AI development at Tesla, that may lead to a showdown where the board and/or shareholders decide they want Tesla to keep pursuing AI.

The AI genie is well and truly out of the bottle, Elon's best chance of influencing outcomes is to stay in the tent.,

I agree that shareholders should honour the original deal, and that Tesla is far better off with Elon fully engaged.

But Elon has no control over assets and AI IP owned and developed by Tesla.

If he tries to stop AI development at Tesla, that may lead to a showdown where the board and/or shareholders decide they want Tesla to keep pursuing AI.

The AI genie is well and truly out of the bottle, Elon's best chance of influencing outcomes is to stay in the tent.,
I think it's probably not even a bad thing if Elon takes AGI to XAI. He'll buy server space from Tesla which would be a good cash flow finally using their AI training center to make money. However all the developed stuff will end up at XAI and he may sell it to Tesla if any of it require manufacturing in order to be a sellable product. If not then he'll just keep it in the cloud.

Uncle Leo saved the stock when Elon was dumping. Show some respect
Yeah, the guy bought a boatload as if he enjoyed being treated like an insect...but now he be complaining for what? He fully supported Elon doing his thing based on his actions...but then got nasty after got unfollowed on twitter because Elon didn't want to pay out dividend like how he wanted.