Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Arnold, CA (LIVE, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This sounds like the most likely reason, agree. Starlink is very spotty if it doesn't have a perfectly clear view.

I wonder if they can use a Verizon sim card instead of an AT&T one over there. Would probably be the easiest solution.

Also strange how Arnold doesn't have any AT&T reception whatsoever anywhere in the town, yet there is reception along 4 in random areas with almost no population.

US Cellular owns a majority of the spectrum in that area and other carriers are essentially unable to expand due to FCC limitations. The random spots with service likely are getting line of sight to a tower that is very far away as you drive up the ridge. And yes, US Cellular still exists. LOL.

Well, you edited the post after I replied which changes the meaning quite a biy. And my reason for posting about the firings on this thread is that it's affecting this site that was operational seven weeks ago and would likely be up and running now.....if those employees were not fired.
To keep this on task, the group that was fired got this site built including Starlink. Once it’s complete, further maintenance gets handed to a different division. The communication problem would still not be the problem of the team that was fired even if they hadn’t been fired. This is now on either Tesla Energy or whoever troubleshoots Starlink installs to figure out how to get the site to phone home. To reiterate what I and others have said, the firings have no effect on why this site is currently offline.

• Funny
Reactions: electrons4u and rpo
Would it be possible for you to post a picture of your car charging here?

Thanks!

Bruce.
IMG_6094.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: dbsynergy and bmah
Just charged at the supercharger as well but didn’t take a photo of my car charging because I was too preoccupied with this local resident… Definitely don’t get out and stretch your legs if charging at night. This guy was within 10 feet of our car.

Hmmm, need to add a can of bear spray to the car when venturing into the mountains - hopefully don't confuse it with the tire sealant can in a stressful situation.

Reactions: Johnny Vector