Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's the only downside I see opting for Track Pack brakes which is consistent with sourcing any parts from Tesla.

***It took Tesla nearly 6 months to replace two rear AP Racing calipers***

Lesson learned: Do not ever get in a situation where you need to replace TP components. Mine was only a cosmetic issue. If my rotor or whatever made the car unsafe or undriveable, I'd be looking at time+cost of going back to sht steel brakes, twiddling thumbs for half a year, and then another time+cost sht sandwich to go back to the TP setup.

I might just sell my MSP to derisk myself, but the stop+go power is addicting. Perfect LA daily.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
Just got the car back with the track pack brakes and wheels installed. First one at the SC and they completed in 3 days with no issues, including new knuckles for front and rear on my 2021.

The SC did the work with the following aftermarket parts on the car:

1. MPP Brake Brace
2. MPP Upper Control Arm
3. MPP steering bearings
4. All 3 MPP arms for the rear
4. Unplugged sway bar
5. I was able to pick up the rear knuckles before they were installed from the SC, took to my local shop, and had them press the Unplugged spherical bearings into the rear knuckles, then SC installed these new rear knuckles with the UPP bearings --- was not planning on doing this mod if the SC was not going to install the knuckles with the bearings.
6. Brembo GTS BBK kit for the front (405mm steel rotors and 6 piston calipers) - now for sale
7. MPP rear rotors and aftermarket pads - now for sale

They would not do the alignment, which is totally understandable with all the MPP arms.

The guys at my SC are very cool. I confirmed they were ok with all the aftermarket parts months before the install. They were excited to do the upgrade since it was the first one.

The only issue I had was I was original scheduled for an August 5th install, but finally got it completed this past weekend.
Circling back to this, how does TP compare to your experience with the Brembo BBK? I track my MSP a handful of times a year and I’m considering options. I’ve been hoping that I could get by with BBK fronts and UP Brake ducts.

Circling back to this, how does TP compare to your experience with the Brembo BBK? I track my MSP a handful of times a year and I’m considering options. I’ve been hoping that I could get by with BBK fronts and UP Brake ducts.
Brembo is a great kit! More than enough for most and ideal for track. I do half mile runs and wanted the top speed unlock was my main reason for getting the TP.

IMG_0436.jpeg