Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD update for MSP cream interior ordered on 12/30/23. Looks promising, only 6+ months, maybe I'll get a VIN soon.
Previous EDD May 25 - Jun 30
Updated today EDD May 13 - Jun 3
This is concerning for sure. Most cars are being delivered <1-2 months max. What is your exact build?
I was going to get cream for the first time but will just get white if it turns out cream causes a delivery issue.

This is concerning for sure. Most cars are being delivered <1-2 months max. What is your exact build?
I was going to get cream for the first time but will just get white if it turns out cream causes a delivery issue.
Exact build: MSP White with cream interior, 19", round steering wheel.
I've seen in this forum that MSLR cream interior are being delivered, just not the Plaid cream interior.

Last edited:
Any update on ambient lighting or front bumper camera? Literally been waiting since that teslascope announcement
Nothing since, and Teslascope has gone silent for the most part. I was also waiting. Last Thursday, I gave up and hit the order button. I’m not sure the front camera is even necessary on the S, given it’s also not on the redesigned 3. And the interior ambient lighting is a minor thing. Compared to my 3, the interior is a huge uplift regardless. Would rather have the car to enjoy it in the meantime than wait forever for such minor updates.

Exact build: MSP White with cream interior, 19", round steering wheel.
I've seen in this forum that MSLR cream interior are being delivered, just not the Plaid cream interior.
thank you. I’ve only seen white and black sport seats, not any cream out in the wild yet, unless you know differently?
I wonder if they are removing cream as an option because 6 months geeeez something’s wrong. Although they wouldn’t have moved you up.
Perhaps a vin comes any moment now and you’ll be the first 👍

Reactions: autobots
Nothing since, and Teslascope has gone silent for the most part. I was also waiting. Last Thursday, I gave up and hit the order button. I’m not sure the front camera is even necessary on the S, given it’s also not on the redesigned 3. And the interior ambient lighting is a minor thing. Compared to my 3, the interior is a huge uplift regardless. Would rather have the car to enjoy it in the meantime than wait forever for such minor updates.
I was in the same boat on not waiting forever. The new sport seats and lowered price were enough for me to hit the order button on 4/20.

I’ve thought about this every time I get a new Tesla and I just can’t do it.
Even if it does address comfort, build quality, ride quality etc - the difference in tech, in updates, just in how Tesla approaches the technology vs the automotive aspect….just can’t do it. I’ll miss regular updates new features all the time the best FSD on the market, the functionality of the app,etc. I may dig the ride of the Taycan more, but no one does tech like Tesla & thats more important to me. I can deal with some bumps and squeaks but can’t deal with crashing apps less updates less features etc.

Cool. Good you know what’s important to you! Glad you enjoy your car. Tesla’s UI is the best in the business for sure! Miss the cruise control of the Tesla also

Reactions: Trunk Gap
Honestly I don't think so. Tesla need to move cars as their top priority. The buyback business is a hurdle they have to deal with.
This only makes sense if orders weren't meeting their existing production. Which we can tell by these multi week waits isn't the case. Each S produced today likely already has an order to its VIN. As long as they have a backlog they can play games with folks wanting to trade in cars, offering less on a trade in directly increases their profit per unit sold.

Reactions: Spdrcrj

Good choice, in my opinion. Of course, I would say that because that’s just what I did!

Re: Ambient lighting. Personally, I don’t see how they’d do it in a way that wouldn’t look, for lack of a better word, tacky. I think the dash looks very stylish and clean as it is. It doesn’t have an obvious place to add an LED strip, unlike in the 3.

As to the front camera - though I haven’t used it a lot yet, the 3D parking view seems to give me what I need.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Front camera is very helpful for small spaces we have here in Europe... and come on Tesla that's less than 100 bucks
Agree extremely helpful for poorly paved city streets and parking lot curbs/bumpstops especially at night. Like the improved steering wheel that you touch every time you drive, an enhancement like that makes a huge difference because you use it at a minimum 2x *every* time you drive it’s the first and last thing you see a helpful view forward. Easy UX enhancement for cheap. I’m obviously biased.
But who knows, anyone’s guess!

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Agree extremely helpful for poorly paved city streets and parking lot curbs/bumpstops especially at night. Like the improved steering wheel that you touch every time you drive, an enhancement like that makes a huge difference because you use it at a minimum 2x *every* time you drive it’s the first and last thing you see a helpful view forward. Easy UX enhancement for cheap. I’m obviously biased.
But who knows, anyone’s guess!

I reverse park, so not really a factor, at least for me.

Front camera is very helpful for small spaces we have here in Europe... and come on Tesla that's less than 100 bucks
It's just yet another poor decision that persists because of one person's stubbornness and instistance that this will get the engineers to solve it. A much better approach would be "we have this easy solution that is low cost and trusted, let's keep using that while we figure out the rocket science part".

Musc is trying to increase sales. It's not likely to be FSD gets suddenly much better (although recent releases keep getting steadily better, it has an awful reputation). Increase sales by: adding back the analog bits that worked great that are low cost, easy, and people say they want them (turn stalks, USS, add a camera), reduce the price of FSD further and I might even get it. Add some actual significant features that people want. There are tons of people with old teslas.

How about adding the home charging capabilities to the other cars, and while you are at it, make that whole area a lot clearer about what you can do. Sure, a little range is good. But the bigger upgrade market has to be add turnstalks, uss, cameras, let's get the simple stuff right.

This only makes sense if orders weren't meeting their existing production. Which we can tell by these multi week waits isn't the case. Each S produced today likely already has an order to its VIN. As long as they have a backlog they can play games with folks wanting to trade in cars, offering less on a trade in directly increases their profit per unit sold.
And those owners can tell them to pound sand. I haven’t waited to buy any of my Ferraris. I’m sure af not waiting too much longer for a Tesla.

But your point is well taken. 👍🏻

Last edited by a moderator:
Any update on ambient lighting or front bumper camera? Literally been waiting since that teslascope announcement
The only slight evidence I’ve found so far are a couple rgb lighting test routines in toolbox. I don’t recall them being present a couple weeks ago, but could be wrong. And I don’t think it’s just a carryover from the model 3 / cyber truck since it referenced the center console lights that those cars don’t have.

The only slight evidence I’ve found so far are a couple rgb lighting test routines in toolbox. I don’t recall them being present a couple weeks ago, but could be wrong. And I don’t think it’s just a carryover from the model 3 / cyber truck since it referenced the center console lights that those cars don’t have.
I've been wondering what would the software do if you were to plug a camera into the front camera port that exists on HW4 and set the configuration to enabled on it.
The OS must support it since the Cybertruck has one, but maybe that hasn't been merged into the build for other vehicles, and that config is potentially invalid on the current software.
I really would like a front camera on the S.