Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
O
Your search parameters might be off - you see 7 MSP’s with cream sport seats?

I see 2 MSP’s available in TX - both demos - neither have sport seats.
In fact we have exactly *zero* confirmed cream sport seat deliveries or sightings beyond the pictures in configurator is that correct?

If so, then that’s certainly indicative of something, and given S/X delivery #’s I don’t think it’s unquenchable thirst for cream interiors, more likely the opposite honestly given how more prevalent white and black is. I like the cream and hope it remains but I can see Tesla simplifying to 2 colors.

I was not limiting my search to Plaids.

Was just playing around with the Model S ordering page. Interestingly enough, it's showing just "June" for any combination of configurations, with one exception. Choosing Plaid with cream seats moves the order out to July. Long range with cream still showing June.

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 10.28.59 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 10.25.19 AM.png

Was just playing around with the Model S ordering page. Interestingly enough, it's showing just "June" for any combination of configurations, with one exception. Choosing Plaid with cream seats moves the order out to July. Long range with cream still showing June.

View attachment 1052594

View attachment 1052592

My EDD has gone from May/June to May 30-June 15 to now adjusting one day at a time, 6/1-6/17.
This is all very reminiscent of the initial plaid launch when changes were afoot.

The one day moves, the arbitrary month delivery date, the 2 week windows that move one day at time, etc.
This is increasingly looking like at the very least cream interior for MSP could be getting the axe, perhaps amidst other tweaks. Which again to me makes sense, as I have to imagine 80%++ of MSPs are white or black interior.

If you’re an MSP cream rez holder, I wouldn’t count it out but I’d start thinking about what other configs you may want to sub for.

My EDD has gone from May/June to May 30-June 15 to now adjusting one day at a time, 6/1-6/17.
This is all very reminiscent of the initial plaid launch when changes were afoot.

The one day moves, the arbitrary month delivery date, the 2 week windows that move one day at time, etc.
This is increasingly looking like at the very least cream interior for MSP could be getting the axe, perhaps amidst other tweaks. Which again to me makes sense, as I have to imagine 80%++ of MSPs are white or black interior.

If you’re an MSP cream rez holder, I wouldn’t count it out but I’d start thinking about what other configs you may want to sub for.
You are certainly making a lot of assumptions. The time and update process has been this way for a Long time. I wouldn’t expect or assume any product changes.

Of course I’m making assumptions.
This is all 100% speculation, in case you haven’t been following the thread?
We’ve already gotten sport seats and a new s/x exclusive color in the last 30 days - you act as if nothing seems to be changing.

That is the beauty of speculation after all - we’ll find out!

Either way I’m happy with the addition of the seats and the new color, and anything else that comes beyond that is fun to speculate about and just another bonus, really.