Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ChatGPT is hallucinating.

Per Tesla’s 2023 financial statements, here. They delivered more than 1.7M Model 3/Y’s in 2023 (slide 9 in the link). And in the summary on slide 4, it states “more than 1.2M Model Ys delivered. So Tesla delivered about 500k Model 3s in 2023.

Make your own guess as to what percentage were M3Ps. If you assume 5:1 or 10:1 LR:p, you come to 50k - 100k M3Ps delivered in 2023. All Global numbers.

While there are some deliveries being made in May, it seems that production will really get started in June, so that would mean 7 months of production of 2024 M3Ps or 29k - 58k cars. I would guess closer to the low end of that given that production is just getting started.
Wow that is some serious hallucination from ChatGPT! Thanks for sharing that deck. Definitely there should be a lot more deliveries then.

I'm still not sure if 5:1 or 10:1 is the right ratio for LR versus P. I think it's probably closer to 30:1 for the M3P. So we're probably close to 16K M3P if they at peak output. Given the slow manufacturing ramp for the Highland, I suspect it's going to be closer to 10K for the year.

Still feels like everyone's orders should fulfill within 90 days though. I doubt the demand is high enough to completely overwhelm their manufacturing capacity and cause huge delays.

I ordered the black m3p on 4/23 @ 1pm, white interior to Maryland, EDD is May 17 - June 14. Still no vin assigned yet. Has anyone actually taken delivery of one yet? I spoke to Tesla yesterday and I was told there are no delays to report.
No delivery yet. A few VINs assigned. All of the data is here on this spreadsheet we are using to track the progress. I'm not sure who @jiren is saying is taking delivery Friday. I'm interested though.

Wow that is some serious hallucination from ChatGPT! Thanks for sharing that deck. Definitely there should be a lot more deliveries then.

I'm still not sure if 5:1 or 10:1 is the right ratio for LR versus P. I think it's probably closer to 30:1 for the M3P. So we're probably close to 16K M3P if they at peak output. Given the slow manufacturing ramp for the Highland, I suspect it's going to be closer to 10K for the year.

Still feels like everyone's orders should fulfill within 90 days though. I doubt the demand is high enough to completely overwhelm their manufacturing capacity and cause huge delays.
I hope you’re right. This is my first EV. Just had my charger installed today. I’m ready, where’s my VIN?!

Reactions: AJ Henderson
No delivery yet. A few VINs assigned. All of the data is here on this spreadsheet we are using to track the progress. I'm not sure who @jiren is saying is taking delivery Friday. I'm interested though.
it’s @makeyourself

IMG_6214.jpeg

I saw that but Carlsbad doesn't have that kind of a parking lot. The building is in the center and there is a single row of spots around the building. Thiis picture is either a satellite lot or a different Center. I am going to go check out Miramar today. I'll go back to Carlsbad tomorrow and ask but last night they said they were expecting a White on White next week as their demo. It would be sweet if these two were for local delivery. I just want to check the seats out

They have an overflow and storage lot nearby. Behind HRE performance wheels warehouse. You can even see them parked there on google maps. Send pics!

Ok, I just watched the Throttle House video on the Ioniq5N, and the noise and fake redline was kinda cool. I hate myself now. I still want Tesla to put time and money elsewhere...but it was neat.

Yeah it has 641hp and 568ftlbs tq and does 0-60 in 3 seconds flat but it's a pig weighing in at 811 more lbs than the M3P! (4,849lbs vs 4,038, both per Car and Driver) So wait and see how your M3P handles after you invite 3 football lineman sized dudes weighing in at 270lbs each for a spirited drive to estimate how the Hyundai is gonna feel around corners...

Reactions: M3PDenver
Yeah it has 641hp and 568ftlbs tq and does 0-60 in 3 seconds flat but it's a pig weighing in at 811 more lbs than the M3P! (4,849lbs vs 4,038, both per Car and Driver) So wait and see how your M3P handles after you invite 3 football lineman sized dudes weighing in at 270lbs each for a spirited drive to estimate how the Hyundai is gonna feel around corners...
lol it’s 641 with the overboost for 10 seconds and I believe the average 0-60 time is is the 3.2 range and I don’t think it even has cracked below an 11.1 1/4mi pass. That weight is atrocious