Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess I remain optimistic that the delays mean they're actually trying to get the truck right. I don't think the styling matters that much to many people - what will matter is whether it is a good durable truck, and how it compares in cost of ownership to other similar trucks. If it's actually good and consistently puts in 50 thousand plus miles without any significant service like some of their other vehicles (my personal experience only), people will buy it.
I agree. I have seen this every time a new product comes out. It's (always) late and people start jumping up and down and complaining about how they have to turn in their lease and they're going to have to walk to work and Tesla sucks and blah, blah, blah. At the end of the day I'd much rather have a delay up front than receive a lemon that then spends weeks or months in the shop or worse has to go in multiple times for things).

I am 16 months into my MXP ownership and I have already forgotten about all the time I wasted in the "Waiting Room" thread. It also helped that after I sold my Roadster I picked up a Volvo XC40 Recharge on their "Care by Volvo" program. It's a 2 year lease that allows you to turn in the vehicle any time after 5 months for no penalty. That was a perfect vehicle to have while waiting for my MXP - even Tesla can hit that delivery window ;)

Reactions: JBT66
  • Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
Acceleration boost option
SmartSelect_20231003_205551_Firefox.jpg

So just for show and then bring in the real hauler... smh
totally. 2 options:

1) they are seriously still testing towing with the Cybertruck and towing specs aren't finalized (... weeks (?) before the launch)

- or - (more realistically)

2) they purposely do those set ups to be "leaked" so they have something to show while the delays just add up....

I posted this in the Investment thread, but knowing the people here like to speculate on all things CT, I Thought is was worth posting here as well.

The math (his math looks wrong but thought the smart people here could figure this out)

Semi Tractor: 10k pounds
“NextGen” Car Hauler: 43k pounds
Total = 53k pounds → leaving 27k pounds (80k max minus 53k) for cargo.

There are 5 cybertruck on the hauler.

27k/5 = 5,400 lbs max per cybertruck.

Seems low so the above assumptions may be off.

Reactions: Mengy
His math is wrong because the DOT limit is 80k not 90k for the whole thing- so basically ignore him.
Right. That’s what I said and I corrected it in my post . Just included the tweet for reference.

Only other assumptions that may need correcting is the semi weight and next gen trailer weight. Thought maybe someone here would have more knowledge on those 2 assumptions.

240V/30A outlet is not new. This is table steaks in the EV truck category - if CT didn't have this they would be laughed out the room.

V2X (Vehicle, Home, Grid, etc) is new and something that Tesla has said they would not do. It would take away from PowerWall sales, plus it is putting cycles on the battery without putting miles on the car which could cause warranty issues. What happens if I fully cycle the battery every day to run my house and the capacity drops such that it triggers the battery warranty? Also, a PowerWall is $9,200 for 13.5kWh. Assuming a 200kWh battery in the CT, that is 15 PowerWalls which would cost $138,000 while the CT will be a lot cheaper and it isn't bolted to your house. Yes, there will be current limitations from the CT but my point is that I do not think Tesla will do this.

I posted this in the Investment thread, but knowing the people here like to speculate on all things CT, I Thought is was worth posting here as well.

The math (his math looks wrong but thought the smart people here could figure this out)

Semi Tractor: 10k pounds
“NextGen” Car Hauler: 43k pounds
Total = 53k pounds → leaving 27k pounds (80k max minus 53k) for cargo.

There are 5 cybertruck on the hauler.

27k/5 = 5,400 lbs max per cybertruck.

Seems low so the above assumptions may be off.

5400 lbs!!!! That would be amazing!

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Other than being the fastest, it’s not going to offer anything new…..

I live the “innovative” part that Ford has had out for like two years 🤣🤣🤣
not only that... remote opening of tailgate ... that's something my 2015 F150 already had....

this "innovative feature" list was clearly written by someone not familiar with ICE / EV pick up trucks over the past 5+ years. Even the gasoline F150 hybrid has the 240v outlet...