Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW2.5 to HW3 Upgrade | Crashing Woes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

nixa

May 14, 2024
USA
Hi there! Just trying to get some feedback on an issue I've been having to see if it's a common occurrence or if something else might be happening.

I have an '18 Model 3 Dual Motor. I bought the $2k upgrade to go from EAP to FSD. As part of the upgrade, I of course received a free upgrade from HW2.5 to HW3.

Ever since the hardware upgrade, I've been having some odd issues that definitely did not exist prior to the HW3 upgrade.

I'm running 2024.3.25 / FSD (Supervised) v12.3.6.

FSD had been initially going great, but now FSD has been unreliable. The common error I get is that the interior cabin camera is unavailable. When this occurs, I of course cannot use FSD (or TACC). I can only use TACC if I manually change the Autopilot profile down from FSD to Autosteer.

When I am in FSD, I now get random FSD System error messages. Which seems to me the DAS portion is crashing. I lose FSD and TACC for the duration of the drive.

And now, I'm getting a message that Sentry Mode has turned off due to a sentry system error. Agh!

Maybe it was a bad idea to upgrade to HW3, hahahaha....

• Informative
Reactions: Adam3
I suggest calling Tesla Customer Service at (888) 518-3752. You'll reach a live human and they can help triage the issue remotely. If they can't fix it, they'll tell you to schedule a service appointment. My guess is something firmware related. Reinstalling latest software from Service Mode might resolve it. Keep us posted.

I suggest calling Tesla Customer Service at (888) 518-3752. You'll reach a live human and they can help triage the issue remotely. If they can't fix it, they'll tell you to schedule a service appointment. My guess is something firmware related. Reinstalling latest software from Service Mode might resolve it. Keep us posted.

I have a service appointment tentatively scheduled. Scouring the internet appears they might suggest I buy a replacement cabin camera. Will report back with what they say!