Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow vs Tesla Offer Power Frunk/Trunk - which one to buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I
I assume you haven't changed the gateway config to tell the car you have the OEM retrofit? (I have no idea if this is only safe with EVOffer's 3.0 kit, or earlier ones).

Tesla did similar with the frunk a while ago. You used to be able to open and close a powered frunk via the "open" button, which just sent the command dumbly. They changed it so that the button stopped working if you opened the frunk - on the basis that Tesla have never fitted a powered frunk to 3/Y/S/X.

I guess they're doing the same thing now with the trunk - i.e. only people who have an OEM powered trunk, or the powered trunk retrofit, get to have a button that has two active states.
I have the EVOffer Mark 3.0 kit with the correct firmware related to the gateway config changes. And have done the gateway config.
And everything was working perfectly like OEM retrofit. This is not a big deal, as i can close from watch. And hopefully it will be possible again like the frunk did after it was not possible to close for a while with the Tesla app.
Don’t see this as a showstopper for your upgrade, just wanted to mention it.

Maybe @doats1 can confirm this behaviour as well after the 2024.14.6 update?

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
One thing worth mentioning is that I installed 2024.14.6 yesterday and have the latest iOS app 4.33.0 on my phone. After the 2024.16.4 update I am not able to close the trunk from my phone.
It works fine with my Apple Watch Ultra and Watch app for Tesla app. And also from car screen etc. Just not the Tesla app on my phone. App visualisation on car screen and app are correct showing open/close etc. just that nothing happen when I tap to close from Tesla app.
Yeah this is affecting me too. But I think it's something to do with 2024.14.6 rather than the Tesla app because I haven't updated to the latest app version yet (iOS), and neither has my wife (Android).

The behaviour suggests it's a bug rather than an intended change, but I'm keen to see what EVO say.

Can I just get a sense check that I’ve been sent the right kit?

There’s quite a few cables here, including one that looks like it connects to the CAN behind the console. Do I replace that as part of this upgrade, or reuse the one that’s already there? I have a blue CAN connector on my 2020 whereas this one is white, for earlier cars I assume?

Don’t want to start the job and find I’ve got the wrong kit…

Attachments

• IMG_7443.jpeg
    IMG_7443.jpeg
    409.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7442.jpeg
    IMG_7442.jpeg
    299.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7441.jpeg
    IMG_7441.jpeg
    343.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7440.jpeg
    IMG_7440.jpeg