Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow F9 9 inch display with camera and air vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure, will test it out when I install it and post back. Is this issue with the blind spot indicator that you called out fixed with this version?
I didn't have a chance to test the blind spot indicator out yet since I am not driving out on the streets late at night.

I just got this display so I know from seeing youtube review videos that the function was working. I will test out the blind spot indicator thing tomorrow driving to work.

Last edited:
Reactions: bharathravi14
I didn't have a chance to test the blind spot indicator out yet since I am not driving out on the streets late at night.

I just got this display so I know from seeing youtube review videos that the function was working. I will test out the blind spot indicator thing tomorrow driving to work.
I can confirm that I was able to bring up the version info easily by clicking the right scroll wheel. I also like the new start up animation which replaces the horrible old Hansshow branding video. I haven’t installed a front camera but use a separate wireless cam mounted on my front licence plate which shows on a HD screen and is perfect for me. I will test out the blind spot indicator feature when I get a chance but a good update overall!

Reactions: flai54
I can confirm that I was able to bring up the version info easily by clicking the right scroll wheel. I also like the new start up animation which replaces the horrible old Hansshow branding video. I haven’t installed a front camera but use a separate wireless cam mounted on my front licence plate which shows on a HD screen and is perfect for me. I will test out the blind spot indicator feature when I get a chance but a good update overall!
I can confirm the blind spot indicator works with this 20240515 firmware. I don't know for sure if that was ever an issue but the stock "Go Electric" firmware 20240401 I had...it seemed like it had an issue with it or maybe i didn't wait long enough for the blind spot warning to trigger.

I agree with you that this new start up animation does NOT have that Hansshow logo which the majority in here absolutely detest which is great and it also seems like the bootup is a bit quicker more like a 5 second boot up vs. like the 7-10 second bootup with the old start up animations.

One thing I do notice in this firmware build is the vehicle car lengths follow distance view in the main screen is missing that I had with the previous build. I just have the tire pressure view.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone.
I recently installed an update released by Hansshow.
CAM : V 2.8
New release  CAN V 2.8.jpg

Fantastic. new functions are activated including:
1) battery pre-heating
2) opening and closing external rear-view mirrors
3) front passenger seat management
4) door openings

Good morning everyone.
CAM : V 2.8View attachment 1052173
1) battery pre-heating
4) door openings
Did you get 2 files from Hansshow? A CAN file and an App IMG file? Can you share your latest update files received from Hansshow?

Can you take a screenshot of the main screen that shows where these 4 new functions are located?

Last edited:
Good morning everyone.
CAM : V 2.8View attachment 1052173
1) battery pre-heating
4) door openings
Can you pls share the update file here?
I do notice that when I click on the APP OTA button and get to this screen, if I scan the QR code in the red square in the screenshot, it takes me to a website to download a new IVT244.img. I didnt try the right QR code since I figure I can just copy the IVT244.img file and place it on a USB stick to install it.

I used a file comparison tool and i do see that the 20240515 file that I have provided in a different link is different than this new IVT244.img file which I just downloaded and it seems to have a date of 20240520 (could actually be that 20240519 date). Did you just install the IVT244.img file from the QR code website?

I ran the CAN OTA function and it tried to install something but after reboot it came back up as V2.6 which is my original version instead of V2.8. How do you get the latest CAN update? I do notice my CAN version has a "-L" at the end and I wonder if that is for LHD models.

Any other UI updates as well besides the 4 new functions. I hope they readded the car lengths distance in the scroll down menu next to the tire pressure since that was also missing.

@bharathravi14 Do you want to give scanning the QR code in the red square and downloading the IVT244.img file a shot to see if it downloads the IVT244.img for you. You can also go to your car and click on the APP OTA button to get to this same screen as well. I would probably just place it in the same "update" folder and install it via USB.

1717182930293.png

Last edited:
I do notice that when I click on the APP OTA button and get to this screen, if I scan the QR code in the red square in the screenshot, it takes me to a website to download a new IVT244.img. I didnt try the right QR code since I figure I can just copy the IVT244.img file and place it on a USB stick to install it.

I used a file comparison tool and i do see that the 20240515 file that I have provided in a different link is different than this new IVT244.img file which I just downloaded and it seems to have a date of 20240520 (could actually be that 20240519 date). Did you just install the IVT244.img file from the QR code website?

I ran the CAN OTA function and it tried to install something but after reboot it came back up as V2.6 which is my original version instead of V2.8. How do you get the latest CAN update? I do notice my CAN version has a "-L" at the end and I wonder if that is for LHD models.

Any other UI updates as well besides the 4 new functions. I hope they readded the car lengths distance in the scroll down menu next to the tire pressure since that was also missing.

@bharathravi14 Do you want to give scanning the QR code in the red square and downloading the IVT244.img file a shot to see if it downloads the IVT244.img for you. You can also go to your car and click on the APP OTA button to get to this same screen as well. I would probably just place it in the same "update" folder and install it via USB.

View attachment 1052353
I was able to install the new IVT244.img and can see the new swipedown functions but none of them seem to work for me when I click on them! I’m guessing it requires the CAN file to be updated as well? Not sure but no other major changes apart from those functions in the UI that I’ve observed so far.

I was able to install the new IVT244.img and can see the new swipedown functions but none of them seem to work for me when I click on them! I’m guessing it requires the CAN file to be updated as well? Not sure but no other major changes apart from those functions in the UI that I’ve observed so far.
What CAN version is in your vehicle? Can you confirm that it is the 20240519 version build? Do you have a screenshot of your version info?

Can you take a screenshot of what those 4 swipedown functions look like?

I reached out to Hansshow and they gave me this CAN v2.8 update and with the latest 20240520 firmware build.
CAN v2.8 = 仪表协议软件增加新功能CANupdate_v2.8.zip
Linux (Carplay version) 20240519 build = 8.9文件二软件240519update.zip

Last edited:
What CAN version is in your vehicle? Can you confirm that it is the 20240519 version build? Do you have a screenshot of your version info?

Can you take a screenshot of what those 4 swipedown functions look like?

I reached out to Hansshow and they gave me this CAN v2.8 update and with the latest 20240520 firmware build.
CAN v2.8 = 仪表协议软件增加新功能CANupdate_v2.8.zip
Linux (Carplay version) 20240519 build = 8.9文件二软件240519update.zip
Yes, it’s 20240519 build and I’ve updated the CAN to v2.8 which enables the cool swipedown functions now!

See screenshot attached below: 👇
IMG_2871.jpeg

Yes, it’s 20240519 build and I’ve updated the CAN to v2.8 which enables the cool swipedown functions now!

See screenshot attached below: 👇
View attachment 1052464
Ahh thanks for the confirmation that the CAN v2.8 is what was needed to enable these functions.
Can you confirm if you used my CAN v2.8 file in my previous post to update your device so that I know it is good for everyone else to use? I haven't had a chance to update my unit yet with the CAN update and the 20240519 build yet since I was busy at work.

Yeah these same swipedown functions are the same as the FY9 display swipedown functions that I have seen even though its a different UI. Can you confirm one more thing for me. Is the car vehicle distance thing back as an option where the tire pressure field is?
1717207718345.png

Last edited:
Ahh thanks for the confirmation that the CAN v2.8 is what was needed to enable these functions.
Can you confirm if you used my CAN v2.8 file in my previous post to update your device so that I know it is good for everyone else to use? I haven't had a chance to update my unit yet with the CAN update and the 20240519 build yet since I was busy at work.

Yeah these same swipedown functions are the same as the FY9 display swipedown functions that I have seen even though its a different UI. Can you confirm one more thing for me. Is the car vehicle distance thing back as an option where the tire pressure field is?
View attachment 1052468
I used an update file that Hansshow shared with me but I think it’s the same one you posted. I don’t see the car distance indicator when I scroll through the options using the scroll wheel so I’m assuming they’ve removed it since the pop up shows on the main Tesla screen when you change it anyway?

I used an update file that Hansshow shared with me but I think it’s the same one you posted. I don’t see the car distance indicator when I scroll through the options using the scroll wheel so I’m assuming they’ve removed it since the pop up shows on the main Tesla screen when you change it anyway?
Ah ok so you reached out to Hansshow for the v2.8 CAN Update as well? Ok good to know. I will have to install the update App and CAN file to confirm your findings.

Just installed the can and app version uploaded and the new drop down option work. I imagine this has been built for LHD as there is no option to open passenger door?

Has also resolved my issue with the B&W camera. Shame they’ve brought the crappy Hannshow start up screen!

On the off chance, any users run into issues with DRL since installing this device? Maybe just a coincidence but my passenger (RHD) DRL light will sometimes not come on when getting into the vehicle and other times it will work fine. Maybe just a failing light?

Last edited:
Just installed the can and app version uploaded and the new drop down option work. I imagine this has been built for LHD as there is no option to open passenger door?

Has also resolved my issue with the B&W camera. Shame they’ve brought the crappy Hannshow start up screen!

On the off chance, any users run into issues with DRL since installing this device? Maybe just a coincidence but my passenger (RHD) DRL light will sometimes not come on when getting into the vehicle and other times it will work fine. Maybe just a failing light?
I totally forgot that the new shortcuts could bring an issue between the LHD and RHD models really because of the front passenger shortcut button. Might be able to reach out to Hansshow and ask them if they have a RHD version of the firmware for the shortcuts. Wait so Hansshow brought the start up screen again with the 20240519 build? I know with the 20240515 build there was not a Hansshow logo on the start up screen.