Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get new versions sooner if frequently report problems?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know if it's still around, but when I was young, before antibiotics, sulfa, etc., there was a product called Vick's Vapor Rub. It was kind of like Vaseline with a strong menthol smell. If a kid caught a cold, you smeared this on their chest and waited for them to get better and generally they did.

Tesla software updates are Vick's Vapor Rub for FSD. They don't have to really do anything except encourage you to wait until you get better. Many happen without any changes in the release notes? If the kid is really starting to complain make some observable change, e.g., fart noises, light shows, etc., perhaps one day a menthol smell? How long will this go on? I dunno, Vicks began in 1890 and apparently is still getting updates. . . . . . .

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
I don’t think it’s related, but who knows. We have two cars on FSD beta. I mainly drive one of them, but often report no matter which car I’m driving. Sometimes one car gets updates earlier than the other, and sometimes it’s the other way around. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Even now, one car has been on 11.4.7 for a week and the other is still on 11.4.4.

Reactions: APotatoGod