Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like I’m back in the program. My 2024 Model Y is getting 2024.3.6 now while the Model 3 I transferred FSD from has just got 2024.8.7
Can’t wait to try it, I’m sat here using my phone as a hotspot to make sure it downloads while I’m out camping for the weekend.
Have to wait until Monday to try it out.

Congrats on trying out FSD (Supervised) and good luck with your trial.
FSD is still not parking lot ready although it will do fairly well in many parking lots but a failure is not surprising.
Most of us that have used FSD for awhile have a pretty good idea what FSD will do but that takes time. Give FSD a week and I suspect you will feel more comfortable.
Just a few things that FSD does not support now. V12 development is moving quickly so it's possible you may find one or more of these work. I wish Tesla
would let new users know about these. The fact Tesla doesn't is pathetic.
-School buses with flashing lights
-School zones- does not typically slow down
-Emergency vehicles. Treats them like any other vehicle.
-Pot Holes
-Any type of hand gestures by police/road crew
-Doesn't back up
-
Speaking of potholes, I forgot to mention that it ran over the end of a good-sized stick on the left side of my lane. It was maybe 2-3 inches in diameter--not small! It went flying when left front tire hit it. I thought it was going to just barely miss it so I didn't intervene but I should have. It did not change course for it at all.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
Thanks for your 1st impression.
Since you are new, I would highly recommend a soft reboot, 2 fingers holding the scroll wheels, then do a camera recalibration.
Those helped us in the past, especially when we were new testers.
Hope that helps, it's definitely worth a try.
By the way, how did you find this thread being a new tester?
Just curious.
I found it while sitting at a bar with Alan, getting him to buy me free beers from all the bets he lost to me.... 😉
I'll reboot and recalibrate. Thanks for the suggestion. I've been on teslamotorsclub since shortly after getting the car a year ago. After getting the free trial and giving it a try, I went looking for a thread on the latest FSD and landed here. It's a busy thread right now! I don't expect I'll keep up with reading it on a regular basis, but I appreciate the discussion.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
I feel bad because I don’t know if 12.3.2.1 got put into some tricky situations or it’s a regression from 12.3.

Both versions are great in Chill / Average mode in uncomplicated general environments.

I had multiple disengagements that were preventable.

1. Refused to go on unprotected left even when it had multiple really good opportunities and pissed off other drivers.

2. Was golden but decided to get into the wrong lane in heavy traffic turn only lane when navigation didn’t call for it.

3. Put itself into a crap situation in heavy traffic by not changing lanes earlier when it had lots of golden opportunities and lots of time.

4. Decided to change lanes into turn only lane again in a separate instance causing reroute.

5. Got very close to curb and with my previous experience I just had to stop it.

AutoPark is really neat but didn’t have enough experience with it in high risk environments yet.

All right! After All You Guys getting 12.3 before me, with me being tail end Charlie, this time I got it about two hours ago. 2024.3.6 with 12.3.2.1. So, took it out for a spin. 2023 M3 LR AWD.
  • Drove even nicer than before through the tiny development I live in. On the way out, stopped, waited for traffic to clear, including the vehicle coming from the left that I didn't spot at first, it being behind some parked cars.
  • Left turn from stop-signed street onto much busier, two lane with yellow stripes road. Long wait. A couple of gaps for which it didn't bite.. the first one, upon consideration, I shouldn't have taken. With traffic coming up behind, took a slightly wider gap by hitting the pedal. Unlike 11.4.9 and 12.3, no jerks of the wheel - just went ahead, lined up, and took off. Smoothly.
  • My bete noir, an unprotected left turn off this street onto a US RT1 on-ramp, followed immediately by an intersection with a yield for the other lane. Smooth turn. Would have preferred that the car lined up further to the left, but no jerking around. And, with another car actually doing a yield, motored straight on through, following other traffic.
  • With a Very Short distance to get from on-ramp onto actual US1 - this time, it made it, with traffic crossing over from the left to the right in front of me. A little driving on the white lines where the ramp ended, but humans do that too.
  • In right lane with Full Auto on speed set. FSD wasn't thinking of shifting over (had a right 2.5 miles up), but told it to shift and It Did. Sped up, too, and kept up with the heavy, slightly faster than speed limit traffic.
  • Slight demerit. Got into the right lane for the upcoming right turn in a mile, which put it behind the heavy traffic going for the Garden State Parkway. I would have waited another 0.2 miles. What the heck, stayed with it. Traffic cleared out and the car sped up.
  • Did a NJ-special Jughandle, which is turning right through a 270-degree curve to go left. No problems; with three lanes to go into, the other two had medium traffic, and the one I wanted in with had none - and the car smoothly merged into that lane. Previous versions of FSD would tend to freak out with any other traffic out there. (Sometimes the older versions would go for it, but would tend to stop and jerk when they did.)
  • Did I mention that turn signals now blink on time, and not late? Turned into a major shopping center, no other cars complained.
  • Navigated the parking lot with no problem at roughly 10 mph, the right speed for this thing. And then..
  • Autopark. This car's got Autopark! I have no USS! Disengage FSD, drive slowly, and the vision shows all these parking places, one of which has a "P" on it. If you don't like the one that has a "P", use the right scroll wheel to pick another. Did that. Tapped the P. "Get your hands off the control and hit Start". Did that. The car.. parked itself. Faster than the SO's 2021 MY or my old 2018 M3. All of you people saying the car couldn't park itself with vision? Go find some crow and eat it.
  • Went to a Whole Foods. Car drove onto US1 from the parking lot, did a heavy merge with traffic coming off the GSP with no trouble, despite NJ aggressive drivers all over, got onto a street that emptied into another major road with heavy traffic; did a right-turn-on-red after the heavy traffic cleared, and switched lanes to avoid people getting on/off the road on the right.
  • And, when coming over the brow of the hill, with the lane I was one terminating into a left-turn-only lane, properly switched in plenty of time to the next lane over. And went straight ahead, no trouble.
  • Edged around stopped traffic to handle a light for a left turn. Was actually a little close for my blood, but did miss everything.
  • Drove through several lights to the Whole Foods, did an appropriate left. When waiting to turn left with opposing traffic, the car opposing me slowed to let me through - and the car took advantage of it.
  • Did another Autopark. Not a fluke.
OK. I've always been a bit of a booster with FSD, but this was rush hour with traffic all over. Other than the one gas-it, NO INTERVENTIONS in 8 or 9 miles.

Better than 12.3.