Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD 12.3 activates turn signal too early...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Frequently, before the intersection that is before the intersection where it is going to turn.
Makes me nervous because a driver behind me may anticipate my turn at the wrong intersection.
If he then attempts to go around me on my left and I continue straight it's a potential accident.
Please fix.

Reactions: kabin
So you live in FL and worried about signals being on? 🤔 🤣 Almost all cars in FL have their turn signals on except BMW's since they don't offer that "option". 😲

I guess you never had v11 and <. Previously turn signals only came on after the car was hard braking and starting to turn the wheel. 😲 🤣 Oddly they came on ALL the time just going around curves. So they are a HUGE improvement. They do come on a little too early sometimes and I bet that will be "dial back" or fine tuned in 12.4.x. More training data should remedy this. So NNs to the rescue.

In my case, I think it turns it on too late. The left turn into my neighborhood, I would turn it on much sooner than it does. Since it's a two way road with a 55mph speed limit, I like to give people behind me a long notice I am turning so they slow down. With FSD, it waits pretty late to signal and then it turns in pretty slowly.

Frequently, before the intersection that is before the intersection where it is going to turn.
Makes me nervous because a driver behind me may anticipate my turn at the wrong intersection.
If he then attempts to go around me on my left and I continue straight it's a potential accident.
Please fix.
Yep. For me it's an early turn signal, early stiff brake, and then dawdling decel into the left turn lane while making sure the aft rear end slowly clears the adjacent right lane. It's nothing if not dysfunctional. Gotta hope v12.4 doesn't add any more of these short cut, one-size-fits-all, simulated training data nuisances.

Reactions: E90alex