Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Entire Supercharging Team Fired?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
News yesterday is that the entire 500+ person word-wide SC team has been let go. That is alarming. Why would Elon sack the execs and all the employees of this important part of Tesla's business? Could Tesla be selling the SC network off to a third party? Opinions? Other theories?

29226473368_d3a9e965d2_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I got a 'bad' supercharger which was maxing out at 35kw (preconditioned, low SoC). Switched to a different supercharger and the rate shot up to max. I expect this behavior from CCS but this had never happened to me on a supercharger, ever. Elon fires the supercharger team and two weeks later this? Makes me very nervous.

Yesterday I got a 'bad' supercharger which was maxing out at 35kw (preconditioned, low SoC). Switched to a different supercharger and the rate shot up to max. I expect this behavior from CCS but this had never happened to me on a supercharger, ever. Elon fires the supercharger team and two weeks later this? Makes me very nervous.
That happens every once in a while. On my eclipse trip in April, I came across one that did the same. Even had a nice person walk up to me as I was getting out of the car and say they experienced the same thing and let me know I might need to move my car. I did see the same, so I moved. As I was getting ready to leave another car was pulling into the same stall, so I gave them the same warning. A few more slow charging sessions like that, and I assume that Tesla would mark the specific stall as "reduced service" in the navigation screen.

I wouldn't read too much into the timing of your first encounter of a slow charging session happening so soon after the layoffs.

Reactions: zoomer0056