Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver side condenser fan not kicking on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please advise where to find it?
2016 p90d-75k miles - mine was to the right of the main fuse box…in its own small box. The left and right relay are in there. Thank you friends! This saved me time ( 90 minuets to SC….1st appointment is 45 days from now) and at least the $400 fee. Thank you again!

Attachments

• IMG_5715.jpeg
    IMG_5715.jpeg
    400 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_5700.jpeg
    IMG_5700.jpeg
    498.9 KB · Views: 49
Have both condenser fans not turning on. Had one louvre vent stuck open which is now fixed.

AC compressor works, revs up to a point then slows down and ends with a click sound. I thought it was the compressor but it works fine and blows cold air when car moves. AC struggles and cuts out when car is stationary like at a stop light then works fine again once the car moves.

Tried swapping relays. Tested relay with a multimeter and it was ok.

Tried to hook up the condenser fan directly to the 12v battery to see if it was the controller causing the problems. The wire got red hot like in a short circuit and the fan didn't move. Seems obvious but to make sure, with the fan disconnected, is it supposed to be very difficult to turn by hand? both fans are very difficult to move by hand and make screeching sounds if I put enough force on them.

Have both condenser fans not turning on. Had one louvre vent stuck open which is now fixed.

AC compressor works, revs up to a point then slows down and ends with a click sound. I thought it was the compressor but it works fine and blows cold air when car moves. AC struggles and cuts out when car is stationary like at a stop light then works fine again once the car moves.

Tried swapping relays. Tested relay with a multimeter and it was ok.

Tried to hook up the condenser fan directly to the 12v battery to see if it was the controller causing the problems. The wire got red hot like in a short circuit and the fan didn't move. Seems obvious but to make sure, with the fan disconnected, is it supposed to be very difficult to turn by hand? both fans are very difficult to move by hand and make screeching sounds if I put enough force on them.
Going through this. SC says relays are melted together. They want $2800 lol! Insane. I have two relays in the mail, $58 total so…Wish me luck!
Hope you find a fix. Let us know when you do.