Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woke up to a VIN this morning still PF426 🙃
EDD 12/14-12/20

Now to find financing without a ridiculous interest rate. Just sold my 2022 Telluride that had a 2.75% rate 😩🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️..... To be cont.
This is where Tesla really just confuses me. They give me this old PF422 VIN but leave my unchanged at 12/27 - 2/7.

It’s looking like I’m just going to reject this VIN because if it’s taking this long for an older build to get to me, it’s probably because it’s being fixed or adjusted before trying to pass it on to the next sucker.

This is where Tesla really just confuses me. They give me this old PF422 VIN but leave my unchanged at 12/27 - 2/7.

It’s looking like I’m just going to reject this VIN because if it’s taking this long for an older build to get to me, it’s probably because it’s being fixed or adjusted before trying to pass it on to the next sucker.
That is strange and a much longer wait. I truly wonder why. What did you order and when?

MXP, Ultra Red, 20", Black Interior, Yoke
Order date: 10/5
Hmmm... I ordered on 9/27 and had VIN assigned on 11/25. So you have a similar date spread between order and VIN assignment as me. Did you get any notice to complete the additional steps in the app? I am wondering if the EDD range disappears once you complete the rest of the delivery details (insurance, financing, delivery date/time desired)? I can't remember but I think my EDD was replaced with the pick up date once I selected the date/time for pickup.

Hmmm... I ordered on 9/27 and had VIN assigned on 11/25. So you have a similar date spread between order and VIN assignment as me. Did you get any notice to complete the additional steps in the app? I am wondering if the EDD range disappears once you complete the rest of the delivery details (insurance, financing, delivery date/time desired)? I can't remember but I think my EDD was replaced with the pick up date once I selected the date/time for pickup.
Got it. Yes I did receive a notice to complete my steps. I've input my registration details, external financing information, insurance, and accepted the no summon notice. Only thing I have not yet done is make a final payment to settle the down deposit as I am not baking the non-Tesla fees ( taxes, tag, title) into the loan. Not sure if I should make that payment now or wait until delivery day to see if I can inspect the X first.

Got it. Yes I did receive a notice to complete my steps. I've input my registration details, external financing information, insurance, and accepted the no summon notice. Only thing I have not yet done is make a final payment to settle the down deposit as I am not baking the non-Tesla fees ( taxes, tag, title) into the loan. Not sure if I should make that payment now or wait until delivery day to see if I can inspect the X first.

No need to pay until you get close to your date. I'm unclear whether they want the money before allowing for inspection, though.

I'm in the same boat as you, 4222** vin, not sure if it was delayed due to issues, or a cancellation.

Help!! I was approved with Fedchoice and they are asking for a signed purchase order from dealership. I have the original order agreement from when I placed the order but I do not have a signed anything from the dealership. 😬😅😅

Is this something I'll get closer to the delivery date?
Have you been assigned a VIN? When you do, you will see the MVPA in your Documents folder, which is "signed" by someone at Tesla. In reality, it's just a name in the signature column, but that's considered signed. You will need to sign a portion of it, then send over to FedChoice.

Last edited:
No need to pay until you get close to your date. I'm unclear whether they want the money before allowing for inspection, though.

I'm in the same boat as you, 4222** vin, not sure if it was delayed due to issues, or a cancellation.

And just like that the Tesla app must have known I was asking questions because it has updated to reflect my new EDD of 12/1 - 12/10.

Help!! I was approved with Fedchoice and they are asking for a signed purchase order from dealership. I have the original order agreement from when I placed the order but I do not have a signed anything from the dealership. 😬😅😅

Is this something I'll get closer to the delivery date?

Once you get assigned a VIN, you will then be able to download your updated Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement from the Tesla web site (or app). On page 8 of this PDF, you will see a page that you can print out, sign, and scan back in to submit to FedChoice. I just had a FedChoice rep reach out to me asking me to sign this page and re-upload the document to my loan application portal.

Last edited:
Reactions: SistaBigBones
Have you been assigned a VIN? When you do, you will see the MVPA in your Documents folder, which is "signed" by someone at Tesla. In reality, it's just a name in the signature column, but that's considered signed. You will need to sign a portion of it, then send over to FedChoice.
I was assigned a VIN this morning and this is all I have which I have had since a few days after I ordered.
IMG_8613.jpeg

Reactions: 0Q991
And just like that the Tesla app must have known I was asking questions because it has updated to reflect my new EDD of 12/1 - 12/10.

Once you get assigned a VIN, you will then be able to download your updated Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement from the Tesla web site (or app). On page 8 of this PDF, you will see a page that you can print out, sign, and scan back in to submit to FedChoice. I just had a FedChoice rep reach out to me asking me to sign this page and re-upload the document to my loan application portal.
I only have the order agreement and it only goes to page 7. I have tried from the app and from the website. 🤷🏽‍♀️😩But I don't see a MVPA.

Attachments

• IMG_8613.jpeg
    IMG_8613.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 13
For those of you (including me) which have the 2023 model year, one advantage is that our vehicle will look like it has 'lower mileage' than other 2023 cars and will align closer to 2024 car mileage when it comes time to sell (if you drive average miles) since our miles did not start accruing till the end of 2023.

Oh and for additional detail of my car pick up. It had 12 miles on it when I picked it up if I recall right.