Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coffee Spill and the Center Console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello

This morning, my coffee took a tumble in the center cup holders and overflowed into the center console, right over the usb-c ports.

I'm an overthinker so I thought it'd be better just to ask -

• Do you guys think it'd cause any damage to the vehicle, or are there safeguards wherein damage to a port won't affect the entire vehicle?
  • I have an appointment when mobile service next week. Is it likely they'd replace the usb-c ports? If so, has anyone ever seen the charge for that type of service?
  • Lastly, I didn't see it get under the seats. But would the mechanism that allows the seats to move forward and backward be protected from liquid damage?
Thanks for your time

Hello

This morning, my coffee took a tumble in the center cup holders and overflowed into the center console, right over the usb-c ports.

I'm an overthinker so I thought it'd be better just to ask -

• Do you guys think it'd cause any damage to the vehicle, or are there safeguards wherein damage to a port won't affect the entire vehicle?
  • I have an appointment when mobile service next week. Is it likely they'd replace the usb-c ports? If so, has anyone ever seen the charge for that type of service?
  • Lastly, I didn't see it get under the seats. But would the mechanism that allows the seats to move forward and backward be protected from liquid damage?
Thanks for your time
The USB-C ports are just low voltage plugs, no electronics to worry about. Clean it up the best you can, maybe some compressed air, Q-tips and alcohol (even that is overkill). I don't see a need to disassemble anything.

Drive on, nothing to worry about here.

Cancel your appointment with the Tesla Rangers.

Reactions: ACRei
Upvote 0
The USB-C ports are just low voltage plugs, no electronics to worry about. Clean it up the best you can, maybe some compressed air, Q-tips and alcohol (even that is overkill). I don't see a need to disassemble anything.

Drive on, nothing to worry about here.

Cancel your appointment with the Tesla Rangers.
Thank you for your reply, @fholbert ; it really helped.

A follow-up question : if I'm reading your reply correctly, it implies any residue of the back coffee is inconsequential. Would that be right?

Upvote 0