Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bedfordshire to Inverness in a 75d.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I purchased a MX 75d.
We've never had a Tesla before but I've done as much research as possible.
Tesla is doing a wheel alignment, and a couple of minor adjustments to the Falcon Wing Doors, and a couple of minor software tweaks.

I am due to drive back on Tuesday to Inverness from Bedfordshire, loaded with x4 suitcases, x5 bags, x2 dogs, and myself.
For the week that I have spent driving the car, I have been able to get the efficiency from 360wh/mi to 318wh/mi mostly doing short hops but watching my acceleration and putting the car into chill, range and comfort mode. This with the pull to the left it had and tyre pressures at 40psi, and with two adults, some bags, x2 dogs in the car.

As an efficiency nerd, I hope to get the best range possible, especially from the 512 mile journey back to Inverness.

In our (now ex) diesel car, in one sitting, the best I've ever been able to do is 10 hours and 30 minutes, that would be spending £78 on diesel and having 70 miles spare at the end in a fully loaded 7 seater.

On my way down with our diesel car I managed to get 60 mpg but the journey took 12 hours and 10 minutes.

What are your predictions of how many times I will charge, what the best range will be, what the most what the lowest efficiency rating I can get, and how long the journey will take back to Inverness?

Also have you any long journey travel tips?

Last edited: