Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Used Model X Plaid or 2024 New Model X Non Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would get the 2022 (June Build) Model X Plaid just for the fact that it [still] has working ultrasonic sensors, so the automatic front doors work as they were originally designed for, but most importantly, no ridiculous High Fidelity Park Assist 🤦‍♂️on the 2022... plus all the benefits of having a Plaid tri-motor modern marvel.

You could even get the new yoke/steering wheel with the center horn and new materials and also do a fun weekend project and get the new Matrix headlights from eBay, and retrofit them with the required harness adapter and Gateway.config file change, so you'll have the best of [most] worlds, except for a few gone years of warranty...
That’s also why I got a 2022 MX Plaid and not any later models. Tesla took away the USS from MX in 2023 and after, I believe.

I know this post is a few months old but you can find a 2023 Plaid in the mid to upper $70's with lower miles. Im likely buying one with enhanced autopilot in the mid $70's with 20k miles. Its 400 miles away though. Local BMW dealer wants $82-$83k for the same car no software upgrades. But the sales person assures me it has full self driving since it has a full self driving computer lol. I saw the software screen and nothing on it. 2024 and dealers are still clueless.

I have been hankering to get a model X for years. My prefers the S thusly that's what we've always gotten. I need a new vehicle and thought about going ICE but still feel the pangs of getting a Model X and with the SC network I don't feel that much of compromise for road trips with an ICE counterpart.

And just as the OP has asked I can't decide LR or Plaid. The mileage is so minimal that it's really insignificant. Why do I feel like I'll be missing out if I don't get a Plaid?! Good luck OP but if it were for an older plaid vs newer LR then I"d go for the freshest one. That's just me. If they were the same vintage then I'd really struggle.

I need to order some, actually should've already, but can't decide.

I know this post is a few months old but you can find a 2023 Plaid in the mid to upper $70's with lower miles. Im likely buying one with enhanced autopilot in the mid $70's with 20k miles. Its 400 miles away though. Local BMW dealer wants $82-$83k for the same car no software upgrades. But the sales person assures me it has full self driving since it has a full self driving computer lol. I saw the software screen and nothing on it. 2024 and dealers are still clueless.
I'm in central NJ and there are only three advertised within 50 miles all asking upper 80s which is only thousands less than new.

I'm in central NJ and there are only three advertised within 50 miles all asking upper 80s which is only thousands less than new.
50 miles is a very limited search. Expand it. Im getting this one shipped 452 miles for $700 ish. But dealers are very leery about selling out of state without having the buyer there in person. Before covid it was super easy. Or fly in and drive it home if you can. For $700 I would rather not deal with it.

I have been hankering to get a model X for years. My prefers the S thusly that's what we've always gotten. I need a new vehicle and thought about going ICE but still feel the pangs of getting a Model X and with the SC network I don't feel that much of compromise for road trips with an ICE counterpart.

And just as the OP has asked I can't decide LR or Plaid. The mileage is so minimal that it's really insignificant. Why do I feel like I'll be missing out if I don't get a Plaid?! Good luck OP but if it were for an older plaid vs newer LR then I"d go for the freshest one. That's just me. If they were the same vintage then I'd really struggle.

I need to order some, actually should've already, but can't decide.

Here is why I went used. Obviously it's saving a lot of money from a new plaid with the same options. Cream interior, enhanced autopilot for about $76k 2023 and 20k miles. new one is over $100k if you sub FSD for enhanced autopilot or just under $100k without it. For me thats a big savings.

I could get a new 5 seater for about $70k after the tax credit, but its only 5 seats and I want 6. Thats a $6,500 option and no more tax credit. I could get the 7 seater which I dont care for because I want the pass through but thats about $73k after the tax credit.
Even with a new LR theres always the "I wish I had the plaid" power. Everyone is different, but the 6 seater is ideal for me with my family situation and I like the power. Taking people for a ride and launching it is worth the money easily haha.

My only reservation is im giving up a 22 MYP and this car is costing me twice as much as my trade in price. I didnt buy at the peak price thankfully and I dont have a lien on it, but I keep second guessing if the plaid is worth twice as much as my car. My car has been flawless in 36k miles.

Reactions: Zer0t
Here is why I went used. Obviously it's saving a lot of money from a new plaid with the same options. Cream interior, enhanced autopilot for about $76k 2023 and 20k miles. new one is over $100k if you sub FSD for enhanced autopilot or just under $100k without it. For me thats a big savings.

I could get a new 5 seater for about $70k after the tax credit, but its only 5 seats and I want 6. Thats a $6,500 option and no more tax credit. I could get the 7 seater which I dont care for because I want the pass through but thats about $73k after the tax credit.
Even with a new LR theres always the "I wish I had the plaid" power. Everyone is different, but the 6 seater is ideal for me with my family situation and I like the power. Taking people for a ride and launching it is worth the money easily haha.

My only reservation is im giving up a 22 MYP and this car is costing me twice as much as my trade in price. I didnt buy at the peak price thankfully and I dont have a lien on it, but I keep second guessing if the plaid is worth twice as much as my car. My car has been flawless in 36k miles.

My '24 PX has been flawless. So were my '22 PY and '18 LR3.

Reactions: bpobill and Zer0t