Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2021+ Model S Refresh - Missing/Incomplete Software Features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most people rarely look at their tire pressure. That's not something that's important to me outside of the alert when it's low or checking before long trips.

But the music was pointless as it's on the main screen and energy graph is also something that can be pulled up, but unnecessary to have up at all times.

Especially with FSD being fixed behind the wheel, there wasn't room for all of that.
You are missing the point that the previous design was configurable and people could select what they prefer. Personally, I have driven my Model S for 7 years with the Energy graph displayed most of the time and I find it useful and that is what I want to have up. I have also had the tire pressure display up at times as a reminder to take care of TPs when they need adjusting for change in weather or any other reason. Sometimes the trip data is handy to show. People with the new model have lost the flexibility to display what they prefer. So that is a loss.

You are missing the point that the previous design was configurable and people could select what they prefer. Personally, I have driven my Model S for 7 years with the Energy graph displayed most of the time and I find it useful and that is what I want to have up. I have also had the tire pressure display up at times as a reminder to take care of TPs when they need adjusting for change in weather or any other reason. Sometimes the trip data is handy to show. People with the new model have lost the flexibility to display what they prefer. So that is a loss.
You missed where I said I'm ok with options, but I find the new interface better.

• Helpful
Reactions: David29
Not too long ago ...
IMG_3536.JPG
I used to pin the trip data up on the right side of the instrument screen. The left was usually navigation or tire pressure (but while charging I believe it defaulted to the efficiency graph ).

Sure wish we could get this functionality back and the other customizations the previous user interface afforded. Even having this data displayed on a small section of the main screen would be a step in the right direction. As it is now, just to display those 4 lines requires the exclusive use of 100% of the real estate of the large center screen. How stupid is that? Unless I am missing something, it makes no sense.

Not too long ago ...View attachment 947735I used to pin the trip data up on the right side of the instrument screen. The left was usually navigation or tire pressure (but while charging I believe it defaulted to the efficiency graph ).

Sure wish we could get this functionality back and the other customizations the previous user interface afforded. Even having this data displayed on a small section of the main screen would be a step in the right direction. As it is now, just to display those 4 lines requires the exclusive use of 100% of the real estate of the large center screen. How stupid is that? Unless I am missing something, it makes no sense.
And not only that, look at those nice readable fonts! That must have been a few updates ago. I can hardly read any of the text on the screen these days....