Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yet Another Help Me Decide on Which Model S Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going with Sig Performance. I'm going to get both sizes of rims because I'll need winter tires anyway. Potholes are largely a winter phenomenon here. I think tire wear is more about how you drive; yes the performance tires wear more quickly, but flooring it is more of an issue!

Me too, going with the Sig Performance, I want to be on that front edge. But I will wimp out with the 19" wheels. I have already bent one wheel before on our potholes, and even 19" is not going to be great for that problem.

The Aero wheels, I want that 5% but why do they initially look so weird? Was that a 50's look, or are we just used to the current trend? Maybe removable caps so we can choose? That's a new thread I guess.

/\
Thanks....I agree with some others, they look kinda odd. Plus it seems like they are only available as 19"? My inner neanderthal needs the 21" performance wheels.

They are only on the 19" wheels. The 19" wheels make so much more sense for a ride and cost standpoint but I agree, the 21" wheels look so good. Might have to go that way.

Just put some heavy Saranwrap on those 21" turbos before you go on a long trip. :wink:

I did that before a bicycle Time Trial I did once. It didn't turn out all that well. But cardboard did work wonders, and I had a friend that 'gathered' a bunch of the corroguated plastic 'vote for me' signs that tend to bloom ever other year like wildfire. Those were perfect.

1) Cut them to size
2) Spray paint gaudy color of choice.
3) zip-tie to your spokes.
4) Rubber Cement around edges (optional)
5) Look Bad ASS!
) Profit!