Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

WTB: Tesla Model S with tech Los Angeles, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sold P85+ with 550 miles for $98K. Good luck on $97K on P with 6800 miles.

The one thing I learned is the secondary market for Tesla is TERRIBLE. Will loose your shorts if you sell, so make sure you want one before you buy!

#1: he did not say 97k was his firm price.
#2: just because you are obviously bitter about what you accepted for your car does not mean you should try to demean this seller. I like you Tex, but this sudden tone you have taken is really undermining the respect and reputation you have built up on TMC. Not trying to start a fight, but I am saddened that you have sold and moreso that you have decided on this scorched earth policy on your way out the door.

#1: he did not say 97k was his firm price.
#2: just because you are obviously bitter about what you accepted for your car does not mean you should try to demean this seller. I like you Tex, but this sudden tone you have taken is really undermining the respect and reputation you have built up on TMC. Not trying to start a fight, but I am saddened that you have sold and moreso that you have decided on this scorched earth policy on your way out the door.

Agreed on both counts.

Sold P85+ with 550 miles for $98K. Good luck on $97K on P with 6800 miles.

The one thing I learned is the secondary market for Tesla is TERRIBLE. Will loose your shorts if you sell, so make sure you want one before you buy!

Tex, you just sold your car for about $100K, which isn't that far off of what it would be new after tax credits, and you sold it on only two days notice and because you are leaving the country imminently!! Most people would say, "wow, the secondary market must be pretty strong!" Gotta say that's the first time I've heard anyone say that the secondary market is bad, and your transaction doesn't lend much support for that conclusion.

I do think people will start to be more realistic about re-sale values now that Tesla is building more and more cars. It's not as if we can expect a car to remain a rarity and become collectible and actually appreciate.

Last edited: