Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you trade a ride in a Tesla for a chance to shoot a machine gun?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fun!

Ok, I get this call from a friend of a friend asking if I'd trade a ride in the Tesla for an opportunity to shoot a machine gun. I hesitated for almost 13 nanoseconds thinking "Would I prostitute the wife's car for a chance like this?" Well YA!!!

Later I asked about legality and he assured me he has the necessary permits etc. I have not done my due diligence but this is way better than the offers to chauffeur newly weds around, we've been getting lately on the local Portland Tesla group site! Will wait until I get the daughters take (Portland lawyer, lots of connections to ask). I guess such things are completely illegal in some states e.g. WA but supposedly in Oregon, if it was manufactured as a fully automatic weapon, he has a license to own... we'll see.

Cal

I have had the chance to shoot a machine gun on several occasions, the most fun being from a Blackhawk at night with night vision goggles on a range. It was always lots of fun. I wouldn't turn down the offer, and if you friend made it here to Vermont (where we can carry concealed without a permit!), I'd give him a ride in a Model S and a Roadster in exchange for letting my kids have that opportunity!

I have had the chance to shoot a machine gun on several occasions, the most fun being from a Blackhawk at night with night vision goggles on a range. It was always lots of fun. I wouldn't turn down the offer, and if you friend made it here to Vermont (where we can carry concealed without a permit!), I'd give him a ride in a Model S and a Roadster in exchange for letting my kids have that opportunity!
Pack the kids in the S and drive down 89 to Manchester:

Manchester Firing Line Range, LLC.

You want a ride? Come on over but leave your guns at home, son, leave your guns at home.

Yeah. I'll give a ride to just about anyone who wants it. I have no problem with guns as tools for killing. Been there, done that on the machine gun thing. Shot 'em at real people. Those days are over thankfully. Just come on over for a ride anytime. Guns are too noisy. Even with a helmet. I'm into quiet these days.

Lots of roadside-attraction opportunities to shoot machine guns in western Nevada.

It's just the opposite of my thing, however: I'm into marksmanship. Which, as many here can tell you, is NOT why you hold a machine gun!

They are legal in most places but involve red tape and a lot of money. And you have to have a clean record.They have appreciated in value a lot. If I had been smarter I would have put my retirement finds into automatic weapons rather than stocks and bonds.

They are legal in most places but involve red tape and a lot of money. And you have to have a clean record.They have appreciated in value a lot. If I had been smarter I would have put my retirement finds into automatic weapons rather than stocks and bonds.

I know a guy who registered 10 drop in auto sears in 1985. Including the tax stamps, he paid a grand total of 2500 for them. He sold them about a year ago and bought a nice house with cash from the proceeds.