Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiper Service Position Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BertL

Aug 19, 2015
Carlsbad, CA
I must be missing something. When I wash my MS, I back it out, set it into Park, then to move the wipers up, I go to Controls / Settings / Service & Reset / Service Mode ON. Since taking delivery 3 months ago, that's worked every time except the last two... Where the Service Mode option is greyed-out and cannot be used. (Side note: Wouldn't it be great if Tesla put small type under greyed-out buttons as to what condition is causing it? Anyway...)

Are there other conditions necessary to make Wiper Service Mode always available beyond putting MS in Park and ensuring the wipers are OFF on the control stalk? The only thing I can think of is it's been under or close to 50F the last two times I've tried this when washing my MS, but I don't see any temperature restrictions in the Owner's Manual searching all the Wiper and Cold Weather Pkg (which I also have) references.

Thanks in advance for any helpful thoughts, beyond gremlins or it being a full moon -- which it wasn't. ;)