Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winslow, AZ to Casa Grande SC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

napabill

Supporting Member
We are currently in Winslow, AZ at the La Posada Hotel, which is quite a place. Historic AND with 2 Tesla chargers. My question is, has anyone attempted the drive from Winslow down Hwy 87 to Tempe then south to Casa Grande? EVTripPlanner shows it at 214 miles, but only 191 RM's. Tempting. PlusgShare shows some L2 chargers in Tempe if things got desparate.

We are currently in Winslow, AZ at the La Posada Hotel, which is quite a place. Historic AND with 2 Tesla chargers. My question is, has anyone attempted the drive from Winslow down Hwy 87 to Tempe then south to Casa Grande? EVTripPlanner shows it at 214 miles, but only 191 RM's. Tempting. PlusgShare shows some L2 chargers in Tempe if things got desparate.

The wonders of downhill... I would trust EV Trip Planner, and you have insurance in Tempe. If it were me, I would go for it!

YMMV, of course.

You should be fine in an 85… Would be a bit dicey in a 60 -- but there are plenty of chargers in the Phoenix area (including the Volta units that deliver 32A and 20 RM/hour….)

Enjoy La Posada… I haven't stayed there, but my Mom raves about their restaurant… We're toying with routes for a 4-5 day road trip in March -- and this gets me thinking of staying there. We can get from Winslow to home in 165 RM per EVtripplanner… hmmm

I've done Holbrook AZ to Gilbert AZ via 377-260-87 effortlessly in my MS85. It's another 40 miles to Casa Grande AZ. It will be close but doing the speed limit or a lil under the limit ..... I'd do it. It's almost all downhill from Payson AZ (where I joined 87). Scottsdale Fashion Mall has a HPWC in the parking garage (exclusive Telsa Parking also) 4th floor is another charging option if you're in need of a charge once your are in the PHX metro area.