Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why the price difference?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Unpilot

Sell order in at $5999.99
Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2017
A Coast
I am looking to get a Tesla home wall charger and looking on eBay I see some for 350 and some for 500.

Now I am not familiar with the Tesla branded one but I assume if it is a gen 2 wall charger from Tesla then it is legit.

Why the price difference...and has anyone ordered one from eBay at 350?

I am looking to get a Tesla home wall charger and looking on eBay I see some for 350 and some for 500.

Now I am not familiar with the Tesla branded one but I assume if it is a gen 2 wall charger from Tesla then it is legit.

Why the price difference...and has anyone ordered one from eBay at 350?
I also don't see you mentioning if some are the generation 1 and some are the generation 2 wall connectors. There is an added feature that the generation 1 doesn't have. The gen 2 has communication between them, so you can install multiple ones onto one circuit, and they will dynamically allocate power to multiple cars. That is really handy if someone has multiple Teslas at home, so the gen 1 versions would probably be less in demand and be going for lower prices.

I also don't see you mentioning if some are the generation 1 and some are the generation 2 wall connectors. There is an added feature that the generation 1 doesn't have. The gen 2 has communication between them, so you can install multiple ones onto one circuit, and they will dynamically allocate power to multiple cars. That is really handy if someone has multiple Teslas at home, so the gen 1 versions would probably be less in demand and be going for lower prices.
The link a few posts above is for a gen2 unit.
I ordered one for $359 shipped.