Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who would buy the Gen 3 as a beater EV?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty sure some of the "vehicles" that came out of barns during A-Team filming cost more than $35,000 after all the modifications.

That's why they're called "picture cars", never beaters.

My beloved Bluestar will probably be a "beater" after I've ridden it hard for a couple of decades... Especially if the some-fool-rear-ends-me-every-time-I-wash-my-car thing carries over from my current vehicle. So annoying. :cursing:

OooOOOOoooOOoo, maybe when I get it wrapped in Xpel Ultimate (or whatever is the latest and greatest in 4 years), I can get "mud splashes" put on the rear, so it looks dirty even after I wash it........ :eek: "Mad Max" wrap, perhaps?

Happy Thursday!

PS: My first two cars were bought as beaters ($1000 & $300 respectively), my third car has become a beater over 15 years, thanks to the fools who don't pay attention in stop-and-go traffic (and one who didn't know how to use his rear-view mirror), and I will probably never own more than one vehicle at a time, so "beater" doesn't always imply ownership of more than one car.

Last edited:
Now THIS is what I'd consider a beater EV:
citicar-011.jpg

Reactions: XLR82XS