Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which will be the first to deliver one unit, Apple Watch or Tesla Model X?

Which will be the first to deliver?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree that few people will buy an Apple Watch for use as a status symbol.

Apple Watch is currently a sluggish device with dubious utility, based on the reviews I've read. In 2 years or less it will be an obsolete piece of junk, replaced by a new model. This is more akin to throwaway "fast fashion" than a timeless accessory.

There are expensive versions of the Apple Watch, but buying the $17,000 model brings no extra utility. It has the same electronics inside as the $350 model, and the same battery.

I don't know whether Apple Watch as a product line will ultimately succeed or not, but I'm not convinced yet.

When the Apple Watch LTE comes out next year maybe Apple will have refined the idea more.

Just to be clear, I mostly agree with these sentiments (I definitely think buying soon to be obsolete technology encased in gold is pretty silly). The only thing I was objecting to was the statement that it will be left in the drawer in 6 months. If you wear a watch, you're going to keep wearing a watch and it definitely seems like it will be a nice watch with added utility. If you don't already wear a watch and buy the Apple watch, then maybe you'll grow tired of it, I don't know. If you do wear a watch the true test will be whether you eventually replace it with another Apple watch or give up (I'm not somebody that replaces his stuff as soon as something newer comes out, like my friends that sold their P85s for P85Ds, but I'm sure if I like it I'll need to buy a newer version in the not too distant future; at least I'm expecting to be able to reuse the band). It will be interesting to see how Apple evolves the concept. I'm going to give it a go and see.

are you serious? in CA most people do not wear watches? wow! I hardly ever see a person without a watch......... but I do live in watch federation as well! :)

Bonnie may be serious, but if a true random sample was was taken of Californians, what percentage would be wearing a watch during the day? I bet it is still very high.

I do not expect watches to ever be fully replaced by anything kept in a pocket or purse. Wristwatches replaced pocket watches since they are much faster and more convenient. Wristwatches saved time, our most precious resource.

It will be the same for smart watches, except they do not replace the phone for all tasks, just an important subset.

GSP

I think wearables are just a fad. People buy them (Nike Fuel band, FitBit etc.), use them religiously for a couple of months. And then the devices just start gathering dust in the corner. And even if there was the perfect device, the question remains about how much data we really need.

I have to disagree.

I don't see the Apple Watch as a new "wearables"...
I buy it.... as a watch!

Just like I have always been carrying a cell phone. Used to be a Nokia, now an iPhone.
I always wear a watch. Used to be Seiko Kinetic, Citizen Eco-Drive, later Radio setting Skyhawk. But they are getting too small for my aging eyes!
Then I have a Pebble for last two years, and now Apple Watch.

Have it for two days. Some rough edges for a first generation device (software related and should be correctable with firmware or app update), but it has everything I have expected, and addresses Pebble's deficiencies as I have hoped for.
Very happy with it so far, and I can see myself wearing it everyday until I replace it with a newer generation Apple Watch in the future.

Have it for two days. Some rough edges for a first generation device (software related and should be correctable with firmware or app update), but it has everything I have expected, and addresses Pebble's deficiencies as I have hoped for.
Very happy with it so far, and I can see myself wearing it everyday until I replace it with a newer generation Apple Watch in the future.
One week later and I love it. Battery life is far better than expected. After 18 hours, I've had at least 40% left. I've ditched my Fitbit and use my watch for steps, notifications and quick replies to messages. I even can check my camera and arm/disarm my security system. Time and temperature is a plus.
Bring on a camera, blood pressure, GPS, & LTE in the 2nd generation.
Nice, Apple. You have me wearing a watch after over 20 years without one.