Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the worst stretch in the lower 48 for a charging gap?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm wondering where the big gaps are for traveling in the lower 48 US states now. Seems like the interstates are pretty well covered, but the rural areas are a semi-disaster in the west. Not sure about the east, but distances are shorter there between cities.

What are the biggest challenges for say a Model Y LR to cross? Not just distance, but altitude and prevailing winds issues, like coming east into Flagstaff on I-40. (Actually, coming into Flagstaff from any direction involves a hill climb.) My personal wish-I-could-make-that is going across the Navajo reservation, which is enormously large. Lots of cool places to see, but ...

Believe it or not people have been discussing this for years in this thread... :)

Bruce.

:D :D :D :D :D Believe it or not, Google is your friend.

Google search:
1) Tesla Supercharger Map
2) Click on "Find Us"
3) Look at all the red dots!

You live in Phoenix. You can probably draw your own conclusions about altitude changes, wind, etc.

Reactions: cwerdna
Believe it or not people have been discussing this for years in this thread...
...where it's been discussed that it isn't covering the federal U.S. numbered highways.

Seems like the interstates are pretty well covered, but the rural areas are a semi-disaster in the west.
Right. There is a vast difference between the interstates versus U.S. and state highways.

The longest gap near me is still very frustrating. It's 379 miles, going up through Idaho from Boise to Coeur D'Alene.