Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to use to clean your wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I absolutely swear by Iron-X - looks to be similar to the post above where it turns red when washing. You use a spray-bottle to apply and simply rinse off. I've used this on wheels I thought were way beyond being able to clean properly and this stuff is magic! No brushes, no scrubbing - simple towel dry at the end and your wheels, calipers and even most of the inside portion of the rim are spotless!

Iron X Iron Remover, CQuartz IronX, Paint Cleaner, paint decontamination

I agree with 3s-a-charm, ironX is an incredible product, however it's on the pricy side.. I paid 120dollars cnd for a gallon.
there is another product that I believe works as well as ironX,(so far my favorite as well) is wheel brightened from maguiars. I am trying to buy some however Amazon.ca does offer the product in Canada. If you go on eBay you can find it at a slight discount compared to iron. I am suggesting this alternative product from recommendation from Darryl at autocarfetish.

I agree with 3s-a-charm, ironX is an incredible product, however it's on the pricy side.. I paid 120dollars cnd for a gallon.
there is another product that I believe works as well as ironX,(so far my favorite as well) is wheel brightened from maguiars. I am trying to buy some however Amazon.ca does offer the product in Canada. If you go on eBay you can find it at a slight discount compared to iron. I am suggesting this alternative product from recommendation from Darryl at autocarfetish.

Meguiar's Wheel Brightener is a strong wheel acid. Take great care to remove it within 30 seconds of applying it.

Meguiar's Wheel Brightener is a strong wheel acid. Take great care to remove it within 30 seconds of applying it.
I really appreciate your feedback.. I'll hold off on the wheel brightened. Ty

i checked out your web site, you guys look like you know what you are talking about, this leads me to ask, what product do you use to maintain and preserve the new car smell. Do you have any suggestions?. At the moment I have been been using a leather cleaner for my seats that smells really good as well as keeping my car spotless inside and out. The stuff I use for the leather is from zaino 9. Leather soft spray cleaner, it smells really good. Ty

Last edited:
I really appreciate your feedback.. I'll hold off on the wheel brightened. Ty

i checked out your web site, you guys look like you know what you are talking about, this leads me to ask, what product do you use to maintain and preserve the new car smell. Do you have any suggestions?. At the moment I have been been using a leather cleaner for my seats that smells really good as well as keeping my car spotless inside and out. The stuff I use for the leather is from zaino 9. Leather soft spray cleaner, it smells really good. Ty

1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium is a great product for vinyl surfaces and very light touch up work on leather. For leather, look to Leather Master products.

I have already written an article on cleaning, conditioning and protecting Tesla Model S leather and have images picked out as well. I will be releasing it in the near future. All of our TMC article content is located in the Southeastern region board.

For the record, @in2oil turned me on to Iron-X - but before this I was using (with much success) the BMW wheel cleaner. This stuff comes on sale from time to time dirt cheap and I'm convinced it is Iron-X rebranded. Great stuff.

Thank you @Detailed Designs for the interior cleaner recommendation as I will need some new product soon.

For the record, @in2oil turned me on to Iron-X - but before this I was using (with much success) the BMW wheel cleaner. This stuff comes on sale from time to time dirt cheap and I'm convinced it is Iron-X rebranded. Great stuff.

Thank you @Detailed Designs for the interior cleaner recommendation as I will need some new product soon.

ditto, When you get your product out, we will buy some.! Since we both live in the same city we could commingle shipping cost.

ty in2oil.