Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is NOT a 'cool' stock...but if you have nerves of steel (some may say crazy) an extremely spectulative play: NBG (National Bank of Greece). My brother bought yesterday and did not clue me in.......dang. (Where is the love bro'?) :wink:

Those with interest in NVAX should PM me for my thoughts on the company (or visit my profile page to link of my diarrhea of the mind blog)
I have previously posted extensive info on it, the mods removed it as it had many links to a non commercial investment blog of mine.
Short thoughts: short term target 17.
Long term over exuberant target >=200.

I am swinging a big bat with this one...

SPWR just got a double upgrade from JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs. Been beat down the last couple months, looks like some room to run if talk of low oil and expiring solar subsidies doesn't bring it down...

Have looked at SPWR, income statement and sales growth, tough one to figure out. Now company is splitting from the solar utility business, and i cannot figure
what is left etc..

I need a winner take all type business, with pricing power, and i don't see it yet.

I've been happy to see CLFD rallying lately. This could be either speculation that they will finally have decent orders and a decent backlog this ER and/or maybe someone knows something. This company has a "largest" customer whose name starts with 'G' and ends with 'e.' They are a vendor for many FTTH companies and their performance has been great without any orders from their "largest" customer lately. Of course the stock is valued with this customer in mind so the PE is higher than you may expect but with 8 cities now slated to get fiber they will at some point be placing some large orders.

I've just been sitting on this one. It was as high as $26 at one point but once the orders stopped from this big customer the speculators left.

I see where PayPal is going public next week. They say opening at 38 with a buy up until $50 for regular chumps like me. Seeing as how the own venmo I think PayPal has big upside. I know nothing about the financials. What say you?

I can't say about the financials. But how cool would it be if Elon bought it back (majority stake)???

He seems pretty cozy with Goldman Sachs. I'm sure they'd give him access to a lot of capital on very nice terms.

Since he's expressed numerous times his disappointment the PayPal product mix is largely unchanged in the 13 years since he left - Venmo was part of the Braintree acquisition - I seriously doubt he would consider it.

I still think Jason Calacanis' prediction six months ago is the most intriguing: APPL buys TSLA, Musk becomes chairman. I think the latter is the only way he would do it.

As a young person who has worked for Tesla and now drives for Lyft, I can see where there is a utility in how people will compensate for driverless cars one day. The easiest way to make payment for anything these days is cash or Venmo, which PayPal owns. I also think there is venmo utility with the social network Nextdoor. I hear you can buy PayPal stock at IPO by purchasing eBay, since it will split off from there. Does anyone know if this is true or has experience with a sale like this?

- - - Updated - - -

Since he's expressed numerous times his disappointment the PayPal product mix is largely unchanged in the 13 years since he left - Venmo was part of the Braintree acquisition - I seriously doubt he would consider it.

I still think Jason Calacanis' prediction six months ago is the most intriguing: APPL buys TSLA, Musk becomes chairman. I think the latter is the only way he would do it.

Elon Musk wants to be the next Elon Musk, not Steve Jobs. I think all speculation there stops there!

Last edited:
MBLY got back to its ATH :biggrin:

MBLY vs TSLA since MBLY's IPO.
Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 6.51.54 AM.png