Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is your range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am wondering what everyones range is looking like.

I have a 2022 MYP 6000 miles and I am getting 292 miles estimated range at 100 percent charge. I live in the PNW.

I charge nightly in the garage to 90 percent.

We drive about 60 miles a day.

Range estimate is just that, an estimate from the BMS which may or may not have gotten to "see" how deep and how tall the battery looks. All it can really go on is voltages at various states of charge. Variety of charge state seems to help it make a better estimate... $0.02

And to answer the question, my 2022 is at 329 miles, and I tend to cycle it from 20% to 80%

Reactions: Dennisis

I have a 2022 MYP 6000 miles and I am getting 292 miles estimated range at 100 percent charge. I live in the PNW.

Perhaps one of these other threads on the topic of range might interest you (definitely not all inclusive). These were found by searching this subforum for "range". There are likely dozens more as well:

Like I said, dozens more than this as well. Perhaps one of those might work, rather than another new thread?

Perhaps one of these other threads on the topic of range might interest you (definitely not all inclusive). These were found by searching this subforum for "range". There are likely dozens more as well:

Like I said, dozens more than this as well. Perhaps one of those might work, rather than another new thread?

Did not see a thread in there where everyone posts their model and range......

• Funny
Reactions: Big Earl
Did not see a thread in there where everyone posts their model and range......

Its just another way of asking the exact same question. "whats your range" = My range is XXX at 100% what is everyone elses?" = How come mine is different than everyone elses / How come I my range number is different" / " I am not getting the promised range.

Reactions: WhiteWi
Range estimate is just that, an estimate from the BMS which may or may not have gotten to "see" how deep and how tall the battery looks. All it can really go on is voltages at various states of charge. Variety of charge state seems to help it make a better estimate... $0.02

And to answer the question, my 2022 is at 329 miles, and I tend to cycle it from 20% to 80%
This. As I have 20" wheels my actual starting range was around 300 and over time dropped down as low as 272 (though to be clear I always display percent, was just checking the miles). When I changed my charging habits it increased, now indicating 294. I'm sure I've lost a few percent over the past two years and 18.5K, this is just to illustrate "range" is a moving target based on available data. And I vary my charging, rarely going over 80% now or below 25%. Cheers! :)

2020 LR AWD Delivered July 28th, 2020, has 19K+ miles, currently, everything I can see shows my RATED RANGE as 294 miles, new my EPA Rated Range was 316 miles. So I've lost 22 miles of Rated Range or about 7%.

Now how many I can actually get is anyone one's guess. But having taken 4 long road trips I have never been stressed out over it. In fact, we are looking to trade UP to a new Performance Model Y.

2020 LRMY. The Tesla range estimate (at 100% state of charge) is currently 272 miles. The advertised EPA combined City/Highway range was 316 miles (later restated as 326 miles.) My own estimate based on the current capacity of the battery is 240 miles. I am confident my Model Y could travel 272 miles if I held my speed to no more than 63 MPH (my normal cruising speed is 73 MPH.) Reducing my speed by 10 MPH would improve range and efficiency by almost 20%, should easily be able to travel 272 miles even up to 283 miles. It doesn't matter. When on a trip and the battery state of charge drops below 40% I start looking for a Supercharger.

Last edited:
2020 LR AWD Delivered July 28th, 2020, has 19K+ miles, currently, everything I can see shows my RATED RANGE as 294 miles, new my EPA Rated Range was 316 miles. So I've lost 22 miles of Rated Range or about 7%.

Now how many I can actually get is anyone one's guess. But having taken 4 long road trips I have never been stressed out over it. In fact, we are looking to trade UP to a new Performance Model Y.
Not to get off topic, but why are you looking to get the MYP?

Nope. Bought new. Read my subsequent posts on this thread for clarification..

Not to get off topic, but why are you looking to get the MYP?
Great question, I want all the upgrades added to the newer models and for $5K more than a LR it’s a steal. I added the Performance Boost to my Y for $2K which I’d do again if I bought a new LR so the delta is down to just $3K. I had my wheels and calipers painted for $600 so my delta is now down to $2400. And the new PMY would probably have more range than my LR AWD. And considering what I can get for my Y it’s almost a no brainer as long as Tesla doesn’t raise prices again.

Great question, I want all the upgrades added to the newer models and for $5K more than a LR it’s a steal. I added the Performance Boost to my Y for $2K which I’d do again if I bought a new LR so the delta is down to just $3K. I had my wheels and calipers painted for $600 so my delta is now down to $2400. And the new PMY would probably have more range than my LR AWD. And considering what I can get for my Y it’s almost a no brainer as long as Tesla doesn’t raise prices again.
Understood. I might consider it but I have mine just the way I like it now (PPF, tint, MPS AS4's, boosted, squashed rattles, etc...) (oh, and paid for) plus I already did that going from an M3 to an MY just 2 years ago, think I'll just be happy with this for a couple of more years or so and see what improvements I feel justify the change. But if you go for it let us know how it all works out!

I live in Florida, I’m lucky to maybe, just maybe get 190 miles out of my 2022 MYP charged to 90%. I keep the AC on 63 / 4 or 5 speed all the time. On the interstate I typically drive about 80 MPH with the flow of traffic on I4. My last MYLR 2021 gave me similar results. I have rails on the roof but doubt that is the reason for the awful range, thank goodness we have super chargers all over the place here in Orlando.