Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is your Lifetime Wh/km consumption so far?

What is your Lifetime Wh/km consumption so far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The cold weather comments are a bit concerning given that most days when I'm heading to work it's about -2C. I thought most of the "yellow line" limitations were in northern US winter temperatures.

I have been getting yellow line for first few kms of driving in the recent cooler weather. Has been around 5 degrees many mornings up here on the hills (though was as low as 3 degrees a few days back) and I haven't pre-heated. Goes away pretty quick and the heated seats are great!

I have been getting yellow line for first few kms of driving in the recent cooler weather. Has been around 5 degrees many mornings up here on the hills (though was as low as 3 degrees a few days back) and I haven't pre-heated. Goes away pretty quick and the heated seats are great!

Yep - I've seen it a couple of times now, although most cold mornings I've been pre-heating the car and the line isn't there. I'm surprised to see it as the car is in a garage and doesn't get below 12-13 at all. The first time I had the garage door open partially all night so it might have been colder, but other times not so, and the ext temp is reading 13.

Yep - I've seen it a couple of times now, although most cold mornings I've been pre-heating the car and the line isn't there. I'm surprised to see it as the car is in a garage and doesn't get below 12-13 at all. The first time I had the garage door open partially all night so it might have been colder, but other times not so, and the ext temp is reading 13.

Do you have a feel for how much pre-heating is required to remove it Mark? I've preheated for 10-15 minutes sometimes to warm the interior, but it's still had the indication and regen restriction while driving for a while.

Do you have a feel for how much pre-heating is required to remove it Mark? I've preheated for 10-15 minutes sometimes to warm the interior, but it's still had the indication and regen restriction while driving for a while.

Sorry - no real idea - I've set the car to warm up about 5 mins before leaving, but the car is in a garage that is 80-90% excavated into sandstone and so is a relatively stable temperature unless the door is open. i notice that its gone within 5-8 km of driving, but haven't been very scientific in testing it.

Last edited:
It only seems to be limiting regen, not power. I think the regen lines disappeared this morning after doing a rapid take off from a set of lights (only to advance awareness of electric cars to the BMW behind of course!). It may have just been a coincidence...

My trip meter that I last reset about 9000Km ago suggest that I am getting 205Wh/Km.
I think I was doing a lot better than that before the cold weather started.
My trip up to the Southern Highlands was averaging 220 Wh/Km with about 160 Wh/Km on the Way back but now both figures have gone up about 20-30 Wh/Km.

My trip meter that I last reset about 9000Km ago suggest that I am getting 205Wh/Km.
I think I was doing a lot better than that before the cold weather started.
My trip up to the Southern Highlands was averaging 220 Wh/Km with about 160 Wh/Km on the Way back but now both figures have gone up about 20-30 Wh/Km.

Mine has gone up with the cold weather also - the heater does use quite a bit of power, more than the air conditioning. I originally thought that the air conditioning was reverse cycle, but it appears to be a resistive heater.

I'm still at 199 over 10,000 km but was at 196 and falling before the cold weather.