Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is best financing rate now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, I just needed make; model; loan amount; and term. I got an instant confirmation page that said amount and rate approval and printed it to PDF. The email that followed did *not* have the rate.

I got a call the next day from a rep who asked if I was a fed or contractor and asked me to then fill out a membership app and send my $5 deposit.

So literally right when you filled out your application online, you pressed submit, and then got an instant confirmation screen showing you were approved and showing the final rate (after the 1% discount)?

And you were not a member yet when you applied for the auto loan?

If so, that's awesome. Sorry for all the Qs, this is super helpful.

I hope that promotion is still in effect when ours is ready for delivery. Any Idea if this is short term or long term promotion?

No idea. I still am showing Aug-Oct as my delivery so I am leaning towards the Lightstream match with an unsecured loan. If I had to guess I'd say it is a summer promotion, but that is a complete shot in the dark guess!

My previous unsecured loan from Lightstream is being paid off today so I'm waiting for that to be cleared off the books before starting a new application.

So literally right when you filled out your application online, you pressed submit, and then got an instant confirmation screen showing you were approved and showing the final rate (after the 1% discount)?

You got it! Immediate confirmation and no, I was not a member.

Good luck!

I am also in Colorado and local rates suck.

I believe that Everence will lend to anyone nationally, so I was planning on getting the ball rolling with them once I got a VIN and then having Lightstream beat it with an unsecured loan.

Unsecured loan is much better all the way around, you will pay cash for the car, it becomes your property and you have the title in hand.
Does Lighstream offer a regular auto loan and an unsecured loan or are they one in the same product?

Man, that .99 was a teaser. Very short loan!

I got approved by Allegacy today, and started the rate match process with LightStream. My loan officer didn't want to write the APR on my pre-approval letter, it took several emails for her to do it.

They will say they do not write it because it varies based on length of the loan. Let them know that you want the longest amount of time, for the lowest interest rate, and they will do it. 66 month for 2.29 is what I got, so I am hoping for 2.19 with LightStream.

I got approved by Allegacy today, and started the rate match process with LightStream. My loan officer didn't want to write the APR on my pre-approval letter, it took several emails for her to do it.

They will say they do not write it because it varies based on length of the loan. Let them know that you want the longest amount of time, for the lowest interest rate, and they will do it. 66 month for 2.29 is what I got, so I am hoping for 2.19 with LightStream.

Did you try doing fedchoice's intro rate then using lightstream to match?

I'm assuming you didn't tell her you needed it for a rate match - what did you say to get her to include it?

You got it! Immediate confirmation and no, I was not a member.

Good luck!

He can't... he's in Tulsa. That's only for the DC-Metro area.

Apparently you don't have to be a member to instantly receive confirmation. I haven't tried it yet but looks like you can apply for the Loan and use the confirmation for lightstream match.

Apparently you don't have to be a member to instantly receive confirmation. I haven't tried it yet but looks like you can apply for the Loan and use the confirmation for lightstream match.

I highly doubt you will get to the point of a pre-approval letter.

The numbers below are based on a 44k loan, I will be paying a bunch of of pocket, I wanted my payment to be around 700 a month.

2.19 will be $2,743.17 in interest paid if I go full length (66 months) with Allegacy / Lightstream match.
1.39 will be $1,728.79 in interest paid if I go full length (66 months) with FedChoice / Lightstream match. I feel a bit shady going that route...

I will admit, I didn't think it would be a 1k difference....

I'm assuming you didn't tell her you needed it for a rate match - what did you say to get her to include it?

I said this:
"I do not need to submit my loan information yet, but based on what I am reading, Tesla requires your letter to have the APR on the letter if you are not using their financing.

I am wanting the max amount of time for the lowest rate, which in this case I believe is 66 months."

Reactions: Runt8
I highly doubt you will get to the point of a pre-approval letter.

FedChoice / Lightstream match. I feel a bit shady going that route...

Do you mean shady because you’re not really eligible for FedChoice membership? Or you mean shady to apply somewhere only to use it to get a better match somewhere else?

If the latter, who cares, that’s competiton.

If the former, you may not be able to anyway. When you fill out the application it asks for your address (which is obviously also on your credit report), and it may be that if you’re not in one of the zip codes around here, it won’t accept the application or won’t approve it. (I have no idea, just pointing that out.) It also asks for your employer, and it may be that if you don’t indicate you work for the government it won’t accept/approve you. (Again, no idea, just pointing it out.)