Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happened to mobile service in Northern New York / Watertown Area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have 2019 M3. Live up in northern New York (Watertown area) and mobile service has been great since then until last week when I asked for an appointment and was told the Watertown area is no longer served with mobile service and that I will have to travel over 100 mi to Rochester (Henrietta) for service. The enticement to buy the Tesla was the mobile service. That was no small part of the decision to buy living up here in a rural setting. This is not acceptable business ethics. This is the first time I've been disappointed by Tesla. You make a commitment and you keep it. That was the deal and I expect Tesla to honor it. This ethics of convenience is wrong and utterly unacceptable.

Have 2019 M3. Live up in northern New York (Watertown area) and mobile service has been great since then until last week when I asked for an appointment and was told the Watertown area is no longer served with mobile service and that I will have to travel over 100 mi to Rochester (Henrietta) for service. The enticement to buy the Tesla was the mobile service. That was no small part of the decision to buy living up here in a rural setting. This is not acceptable business ethics. This is the first time I've been disappointed by Tesla. You make a commitment and you keep it. That was the deal and I expect Tesla to honor it. This ethics of convenience is wrong and utterly unacceptable.
I have the opposite problem, they won't give me a service center appointment at all only mobile service. Can we trade hahaha? I'm down in NYC and mobile service is not appropriate for the streets of this city, I am in a condo garage which does not allow repairs on property. I had to fight with Tesla for 2 weeks to get it changed (Tesla kept changing it back to mobile service). Finally settled on an appointment a month away as my 12 volt battery is dying on me. I got fed up and just showed up to the service center and they changed the battery in 20 minutes (back story: me doing service a few months ago and asking for the 12 battery to be replaced and they said it wasn't needed).

Tesla's low point is service. I have never worked so hard to pay someone to fix something. It's ridiculous.