Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do You expect FSD will do ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1/ As you approach the intersection with green light on, an ambulance is stop at the red light with siren on.
2/ A car, worse, a big truck follows you too close.
3/ Amber light, do u expect the car to stop or go through?
4/ Worse is turning right with pedestrian running across.

1/ First version: Keep going, swerve and/or brake to avoid the ambulance. Existing system does something similar today. With updates, slow down and allow traffic to normalize.
2/ First version: Nothing. Later versions: Whatever is statistically likely to reduce the chance of passenger harm.
3/ Stop if it is safe to do so.
4/ See pedestrian and stop or avoid. It already sees pedestrians.

There is every reason to believe that the system will be able to exceed the competence of a human driver. Computers don't forget to pay attention, have trouble seeing in low light, go to sleep, argue with their partner or yell at their kids while not paying attention to the road. Or better yet, they don't text while driving...

Cause a boatload of lawsuits by those who wreck using the system due to not being attentive ... Then blaming the car.

it won't be full self-driving until there are no manual controls in the car for an operator to even use other than a microphone and or screen so you can tell the car where you want to go.

Cause a boatload of lawsuits by those who wreck using the system due to not being attentive ... Then blaming the car.

it won't be full self-driving until there are no manual controls in the car for an operator to even use other than a microphone and or screen so you can tell the car where you want to go.

Exactly. Like that lawsuit saying Tesla is too fast for their kid to drive. lol.

I expect FSD to keep the neighbor’s dog from crapping in my front yard. Other than that I expect it will be little more than enhanced EAP — and when “officially” delivered, it will soon go back on sale. At that point all of the wankers who previously purchased it will tweet their anger at Musk.

Mixed use with human drivers = no FSD. Too many variables. Humans can't even drive together without causing accidents. I don't see how the computer can do it with such little development. Maybe with a strong base of use cases, it'll reduce crash severity. Going to be interesting times ahead.

1/ As you approach the intersection with green light on, an ambulance is stop at the red light with siren on.
2/ A car, worse, a big truck follows you too close.
3/ Amber light, do u expect the car to stop or go through?
4/ Worse is turning right with pedestrian running across.

When I get around to buy FSD, in all of these scenarios I expect my insurance rates will skyrocket if there is a fault o_O