Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor We're Now Offering Dual Dash Cam Installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S
BlackVueDual Dash Cam Installation

20160728_192436.jpg
20160728_192423.jpg
20160728_192554.jpg

After many requests from Tesla owners. We are now offering the BlackVue Dual Dash Cams. This cameras have many different settings. You can leave them to record 24/7, to record by motion sensors and also to just record when the car is on. This carmeras also record sound. The front camera records with a resolution of 1080HD and the rear at 720.

I live in Boynton Beach - East coast of Florida. Cannot find a shop that I trust and was hoping you know of one. In any event, please let me know what installation of a Blackvue would cost for my S70, how long it would take to complete, and if I could have a firm appointment so that I can accomplish the round trip in one long day. Also, I have a friend who lives nearby and has a Model X who also needs installation. Could both be done simultaneously at your shop?

Its summer in the desert and I'm thinking about window tint. Can you give me a primer on good/bad things to ask for? I fear going to Dealers and getting a run-around and sales pitch instead of a logical product offering. You seem like a fellow that can give credible info. Please point me in the right direction.

This is awesome. I wish we had options in Salt Lake City, UT. I've been looking for this exact install for a while.

What is the cost for the install kit including shipping? Maybe I can find a local pro to do the install. Any recommendations?

Its summer in the desert and I'm thinking about window tint. Can you give me a primer on good/bad things to ask for? I fear going to Dealers and getting a run-around and sales pitch instead of a logical product offering. You seem like a fellow that can give credible info. Please point me in the right direction.

There are 3 very good film brands out there. 1- 3M Crystalline, 2-Prestige Spectra Photosync, 3- Huper Optik. These films offer very high heat rejection. I recommend to get your full windshield done as well with a 60% or 70% tint. Contact my friend Kyle Franco with Bulldog Detail at 602.653.3935

Are there any shops you would recommend in the Orlando area for a dashcam install on a Model X? The installation of the Blackvue looks great and quite discrete.

It's a little closer than Sarasota - I did my Blackvue install at Soundwaves of Tampa and they did an excellent job. Reasonable price, fast install, great guys to work with. It's about 5 minutes down the road from the Brandon Supercharger.

Price for installation varies on the market and most importantly, quality and attention to detail of the installation.

Which camera model are they installing?
I think the model on their display is a DR650S-2ch 128gb.
He kept calling it "the S". It has a front, and rear camera and wi-fi. I've heard not all the features are needed, but come with the top-of-the line package anyway.
Thie installer has earned a rep as a good guy for dealing with Teslas - and is the only go-to fellow in southern arizona. nice rep to have.