Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Web Browser Doesn't Work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The browser works OK now. It may have had something to do with the Tesla network that you connect to over LTE or WiFi. There may have also been some bug fixes not all of which are itemized in software updates. Things are continually improving like the disappearance of the cell phone echoes that callers to the car experienced last summer. This is typical software development. Nobody else gets this in the automotive field.

Echoes actually still appear even with wired phones from time to time. I believe it is connected to the "side tone" which is hearing your own voice at a low level which was an byproduct of the early telephones. It has been artificially added for decades.

Just checked, and I'm on 2018.50.6... there's another set of numbers and letters afterwards, but not sure if it's relevant. I'll reiterate that I did try the browser after each software update, and it kept acting the way it was before: about 50/50 chance that it was unresponsive and required a 2finger reboot to work. Then one day, unrelated to a software update, it worked. Not sure what was done, but I do think that it was related to repeated bug reporting on my behalf. When I first got my car, the LTE would very frequently cut out and require a 2finger restart to fix. Emailed back and forth with Tesla, and one day it was just quietly fixed... again no software update involved. So there's got to be something on their end that they can tinker with to fix these bugs...

Sorry to hear that. We are on the same version of the OS, so we can discard that as the issue. Just in case, not sure when you got your model 3 , but I got mine in October 2018 (it is a Long Range Dual Motor). Perhaps there are some differences in your LTE coverage, looks like you live in Canada, I live in Massachusetts.

Not sure if you saw my other video where I demonstrated the browser with the prior release (v9 2018.50) of the OS :
The Webex demo was with the current OS v9 2018.50.6

I still see a number of comments about Model 3 owners that experience slow response with the browser, which is frustrating because that is not my experience at all. Hopefully the next OS update will fix your issues.